Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im about to pull the trigger on a exhaust and tuner. whats the best sounding exhaust? i want something decently loud! also will there be a sound difference between the slip on and full exhaust?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Search straightline performance I just posted 2 videos on it it's nice quiet when needed and barks when you tromp it

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've been trying to make same decision want deep growl with out that 2stroke sound at throttle alsonot too loud hard enough to find places to ride with pissing off folks. I saw some Picts of RP tuning exhaust looks cool but don't know what it sounds like or build quality; RJWC looks impressive sound clips on you tube seem good. Here is a pict of RP timings exhaust in green what do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Hard to beat a Muzzy!
Here's mine with all the quiet cores and sparks removed!

Here's a video of me just riding it normal and hammering it for noise output purposes. This is again with all the inserts removed, so adding any inserts makes it quieter!

If you put the quiet cores in it, it makes more power and is close to stock loudness. Its nice you can mix and match the inserts to get the loudness "you" like!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hard to beat a Muzzy!
Renegade Zillas Deep snow WOT - YouTube

Here's a video of me just riding it normal and hammering it for noise output purposes. This is again with all the inserts removed, so adding any inserts makes it quieter!
Renegade Muzzy! - YouTube

If you put the quiet cores in it, it makes more power and is close to stock loudness. Its nice you can mix and match the inserts to get the loudness "you" like!

will a slipon sound like this?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Hard to beat a Muzzy!
Renegade Zillas Deep snow WOT - YouTube

Renegade Muzzy! - YouTube

will a slipon sound like this?

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm sure the headers tune the sound a little. I don't see why a slip on wouldn't sound quite similar. I know the 650 in general tho won't thump like a 1,000 of course but you can't change that!

I just love the ability to run 14 different combinations of spark arrestors and quiet cores to allow you to adjust the sound just how you want it. Thats what sold me on the Muzzy.

Reactions: joe440

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet! im about to order a muzzy, last question. do u think i should get the fuel tuner with the slipon?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Yes, order it from vforcejohn His tuner is dialed in and pipes are cheap.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
932 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm sure he's at mud nats in Texas, as well as Adam from QSC.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Let it be known that the RJWC is welded shut, so you can never repack it where all the others use a removable end cap so you can easily repack the muffler. No matter what kind of packing they use, they need to be repacked eventually, especially if you swamp them in mud water.
The RJWC also does NOT have a US Forestry approved spark arrestor. The RJWC is only a slip on and costs more than a FULL Muzzy does and it only makes half the HP gains as the Muzzy.
Its a pretty easy decision. lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let it be known that the RJWC is welded shut, so you can never repack it where all the others use a removable end cap so you can easily repack the muffler. No matter what kind of packing they use, they need to be repacked eventually, especially if you swamp them in mud water.
The RJWC also does NOT have a US Forestry approved spark arrestor. The RJWC is only a slip on and costs more than a FULL Muzzy does and it only makes half the HP gains as the Muzzy.
Its a pretty easy decision. lol
haha yea im going with the muzzy.. what woulf u say a fair price for a full muzzy would be? i dont wanna over pay haha

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is RJWC baffled? If so it would need to be welded closed no packing to change.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Is RJWC baffled? If so it would need to be welded closed no packing to change.

No it's straight thru design like the majority but doesn't have the sound deadening packing which is why they are louder and when the stainless wool packing they use is subjected to continuos heat cycles and moisture the stainless wool does indeed deteriorate and isn't replaceable, so now you have a power robbing obnoxiously loud pipe that cannot be serviced and either you have the equipment to cut open, repack and weld back up or you have a big ole stainless paperweight.
There is a reason why every offroad exhaust pipe manufacturer makes their pipe serviceable because they know about the lifespan of packing unlike rjwc that makes some nice sales pitches and thinks what is good but really doesn't.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts