Can-Am ATV Forum banner

Exploring BUDS2 on my 2020 Outlander XMR 1000r with track module

6249 Views 31 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Freewill
I was actually diagnosing why my machine was not wanting to start. Why I was getting no spark. I can send spark to the plugs when I energize the coils in BUDS2. So the problem must be the Crank position censor. Or the wires attached to the censor.
Then I began exploring BUDS2 and looking through everything. I even changed my green key from echo to performance. That was easy! Anyways here are some screenshots. CCK is the track module.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Parallel

Font Wood Parallel Pattern Monochrome
Font Material property Pattern Mesh Design

Font Parallel Wood Pattern Art
Font Material property Handwriting Pattern Parallel
Grey Font Material property Art Pattern

Textile Grey Font Rectangle Electric blue
Sleeve Font Electric blue Pattern Denim

Font Parallel Technology Electric blue Rectangle
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
2,112 Posts

· Admin
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very interesting. I'm following and reading along as you post more of these. Thanks.
When I get more familiar with BUDS2, I will start making tutorial videos using the software.

· Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
2,112 Posts
When I get more familiar with BUDS2, I will start making tutorial videos using the software.
That's an amazing idea. Create a YouTube channel for that and I am sure it will pick up and then you can monetize it. Not a lot of content on this online.

· Super Moderator
2,209 Posts
You are making me really want buds. I thought you had changed cps when you were having the random no start issue?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: xsever

· Admin
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are making me really want buds. I thought you had changed cps when you were having the random no start issue?

I wanted the dealer to do it a year ago. But dealer didn't want to start throwing parts at it when they could not figure out what was wrong with it.. I was also on a tighter budget too. Now my land is paid off, the only bills I have is phone and power. And a 16 yr old daughter. She is the most expensive.. 🤣
I am now able to throw money at what I enjoy. Only live life once, wanna live it well. I plan on having a shelf full of spare new parts for my machine. Already got a new ECM for it. Once it is flashed, I am going to send it in for a tune. Having BUDS2, I can do a lot with any BRP product. I can do things the dealer cannot. This means on other people's machines too. I just need to learn the software. I can flash the ECM and have access to updates. But for changing stuff like fuel mapping, I have some learning to do. Is having Buds worth it? I think so. Nobody in my area has it. Doing something as simple as adding DESS keys is very handy. The dealer is forbidden from changing the green key from echo to any other setting. No problem for me. I added my green key to my 2021 650 as performance too. That machine only came with one key. Now when out in the mountains, if my boy looses they key to the 650, I can simply pull out the green key and we can continue riding. If I was only working om my own machine, the cost of the software and interface may not be worth it, but having 3 machines, it is worth it. Having the ability to work on other people's machines for a small fee.. definitely worth it! Having the ability to reset the throttle position censor and not having to take it to the dealer is great. Especially on a Saturday when service is closed for the weekend and holidays.

· Super Moderator
2,209 Posts
Yep. We used to have no Can-Am dealers around. In the last couple of years we now have 2 within 1.5 hours. A lot of my customers are switching to Can-Am so I really think BUDS is in my future to get.

Reactions: xsever and Freewill

· Admin
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep. We used to have no Can-Am dealers around. In the last couple of years we now have 2 within 1.5 hours. A lot of my customers are switching to Can-Am so I really think BUDS is in my future to get.

Dealer 1.5 hours away.. That is worth having Buds

Reactions: xsever

· Registered
Out xmr 1000R max 2017
19 Posts
Hi. Im from Poland. I have outlander xmr 1000r 2017 and buds2 with megatech license. Can i setup something better in my bike? Do you have maybach any buds file for mi for xmr 1000r engine? What means when i had changed xmr model to European - enable in buds?
Take care

· Admin
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have not had time yet to venture into altering parameters in BUDS but plan on it this summer. There are values that can be changed bit it is in numerical code. This will take some research unless we can find someone who already knows and is willing to share.

· Registered
Out xmr 1000R max 2017
19 Posts
I have strong motivation to start playing with BUDS like A/F for example (I did it already but for the big Waukesha gas engine ATGL 16) I know that motors are hiding big potensial usually but ... there is no training , no information , no nothing in the internet about outlander + B.U.D.S 2. If there is a time a will do some buds research as well.
This "willing to share" ... would be good.
regards

· Admin
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered a 2nd ECM for the purpose of experimenting with A/F parameters and exploring what else can be done. My main interests is speed limiters and A/F ratio.

· Registered
Out xmr 1000R max 2017
19 Posts
Other barrel question.
I have stock rims 6,5" width what are the widest tires (silverbacks are 9") I can put on this. Siverback are killing me - thay are funtastic in mud of course however... I do 25% mudding and when not mudding this tires just killing my front bearings and I have to replace it every 1000km :( - or maybe it is good result?

· Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
8,222 Posts
Other barrel question.
I have stock rims 6,5" width what are the widest tires (silverbacks are 9") I can put on this. Siverback are killing me - thay are funtastic in mud of course however... I do 25% mudding and when not mudding this tires just killing my front bearings and I have to replace it every 1000km :( - or maybe it is good result?
Start a new thread for this (y)

· Admin
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do I have some speed limiter in xmr 1000r that SHOULD be removed with BUDS2?
Yep. 65 mph. My Track Module removes the limit. I have hit 79.1 mph with the module plugged in. I want to change my limit to 75 mph without the module.

· Registered
2021 Outlander 1000r XMR Neo Yellow/Black
1,287 Posts
Yep. 65 mph. My Track Module removes the limit. I have hit 79.1 mph with the module plugged in. I want to change my limit to 75 mph without the module.
When I hook up my Track Module it did not remove the reverse limiter. Still had to hold down on over ride button. Does the 2021 1000 XMR have a different electrical set up. The 2021 track module was cheaper then the one for my 2014. I did not get a chance to see how fast forward would go. Interesting

· Admin
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When I hook up my Track Module it did not remove the reverse limiter. Still had to hold down on over ride button. Does the 2021 1000 XMR have a different electrical set up. The 2021 track module was cheaper then the one for my 2014. I did not get a chance to see how fast forward would go. Interesting
Does not remove reverse limiter here either. Kinda like that actually. Especially on the 1000. A reverse wheelie is not a good thing!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.