Can-Am ATV Forum banner

Exploring BUDS2 on my 2020 Outlander XMR 1000r with track module

6250 Views 31 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Freewill
I was actually diagnosing why my machine was not wanting to start. Why I was getting no spark. I can send spark to the plugs when I energize the coils in BUDS2. So the problem must be the Crank position censor. Or the wires attached to the censor.
Then I began exploring BUDS2 and looking through everything. I even changed my green key from echo to performance. That was easy! Anyways here are some screenshots. CCK is the track module.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Parallel

Font Wood Parallel Pattern Monochrome
Font Material property Pattern Mesh Design

Font Parallel Wood Pattern Art
Font Material property Handwriting Pattern Parallel
Grey Font Material property Art Pattern

Textile Grey Font Rectangle Electric blue
Sleeve Font Electric blue Pattern Denim

Font Parallel Technology Electric blue Rectangle
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
Out xmr 1000R max 2017
19 Posts
Yep. 65 mph. My Track Module removes the limit. I have hit 79.1 mph with the module plugged in. I want to change my limit to 75 mph without the module.
So means I need to do research in this direction - to remove speed limit using BUDS2 mehatronic license softwara without any additional modules, plugins, or other hardware for annother 400$.

· Registered
Out xmr 1000R max 2017
19 Posts
Does not remove reverse limiter here either. Kinda like that actually. Especially on the 1000. A reverse wheelie is not a good thing!
I would also advice to not remove the reverse limiter. Always the first try to get out of the off road trouble should be wirt reverse limiter, after does not work you can pusch override button and be carefull to operate with override and throttle or you may brake some things (patrs of rear drive shaft, joints, differential even ...) and these are expensive demages :(

· Admin
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You can encode keys and you can make it look like you have 100k on it.. but you cannot roll back milage. Only increase it. Otherwise at this time we have no knowledge yet on properly changing parameters. It would be a blind experiment and do not want to screw something up. Can diagnose issues.

· Registered
Out xmr 1000R max 2017
19 Posts
Understood. And not satisifed :(
However we are going to live for some time more and I hope I finally discover the sense of purchasing buds2. For this moment it was not worth to buy simply saying because nothing change "inside" my Outlander - I'm replaycing oils & broken parts and having goood fun!
Keep in touch!

· Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
2,112 Posts

· Registered
Out xmr 1000R max 2017
19 Posts
PDF manual is part of BUDS2 software implemented inside installation program - nothing new unfortunatelly.
However I'm wondering abotu what did you find on youtube - because all intrested titled links are deleted/unavailable.
Can you paste in here the links to youtube just like you did about this pdf?

· Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
2,112 Posts
Reactions: BombardierBomb

· Admin
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Here are some screenshots I did today in BUDS2 on my XMR 1000

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle

Vehicle usage: What does the other options change on the machine?

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

Vehicle version: I have a guess what racing is, but what about the other options?

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

These are available flash updates for all machines. I arranged by name to put ATV at the top. I see one update for my DPS.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

· Premium Member
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
1,130 Posts
I ordered a 2nd ECM for the purpose of experimenting with A/F parameters and exploring what else can be done. My main interests is speed limiters and A/F ratio.

@Freewill can you post few screen shots of the A/F maps screens? I'd like to see what the UI looks like. Do the values look like numbers or percentages? This shouldn't be too difficult. I just posted a thread asking about this before I saw your interest. Buds is in my near future for the same reasons and I am willing to experiment on my machine. Once we know.... we know.

Thanks

· Admin
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
@Freewill can you post few screen shots of the A/F maps screens? I'd like to see what the UI looks like. Do the values look like numbers or percentages? This shouldn't be too difficult. I just posted a thread asking about this before I saw your interest. Buds is in my near future for the same reasons and I am willing to experiment on my machine. Once we know.... we know.

Thanks
There are no A/F map screens. Just hexadecimal values.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.