Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the snorkel your atv snorkels on my renegade and I think they look great but I wouldn't mind them a little taller. Has anyone extended the snorkels on the syatv kit before. If anyone has how did you go about doing it and pictures would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
669 Posts
just take the snorkels apart and add a piece of pipe in there to make them the height you want .. you can take couplers ( straight connectors ) with a short piece of pipe so the thickness of the snorkels stays the same.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya that will work but the engine intake snorkel (just a 90 out of the pod) is glued together I'm pretty sure. If I could take them apart it would be easy to extend but I don't want to break it trying to pull it apart.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ya that will work but the engine intake snorkel (just a 90 out of the pod) is glued together I'm pretty sure. If I could take them apart it would be easy to extend but I don't want to break it trying to pull it apart.
before you take it apart -- go to the depot and get a couple 2 inch elbows and 45's and same thing with the 1 1/2 stuff -- so if anything breaks just put a new one together. really easy -- make sure you get the threaded connectors too .

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Its nothing more that Home Depot plumbing store parts.....modify it as needed or scrap it and start over from scratch and built it right.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya this weekend I'll try it out. I want to keep as much of the syatv riser pieces as possible for the looks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts