Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
I had the brp best extended on mine and it was well worth it. No matter where you get your warranty from usually comes down to how good of a dealer you have. I got lucky in that way and wouldn't get a can am without warranty.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Can-Ams are good machines. The chances of getting a lemon are rare. It is free money being given to Can-Am, dealers, or insurance underwriters.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had my current bike for a little over two years now (2019 bought in fall of 2018). It came with a 5 year BEST included as a buying incentive (or 300 bucks off - I took the warranty).

I haven't had a single problem and I ride a lot - zilch - but it's nice to have it there for almost 3 more years just in case...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had my current bike for a little over two years now (2019 bought in fall of 2018). It came with a 5 year BEST included as a buying incentive (or 300 bucks off - I took the warranty).

I haven't had a single problem and I ride a lot - zilch - but it's nice to have it there for almost 3 more years just in case...
Just baught my 2021 and they now only come with 6 month warranty.. I still didn't buy the warranty

·
Registered
832 Posts
Bought my 570 in october 2017, sold it in november 2019. Two years I had it and put 3000 miles on it, had tranny, driveshaft, multiple seals and coolant leak issues. For me the extended warranty paid for itself multiple times over. I ride my machines hard but maintain them. A lot of guys only putt around and put a couple hundred miles on a year, but if I get another Can Am in the future no way I wouldn't get a extended warranty.

·
Registered
743 Posts
i got mine in August of 2018 and did the BEST warranty. Haven't had to use it yet, but i like the piece of mind that from the date of purchase i am covered for 42 months. However I will be parting ways with it before the warranty is up due to the growing family. Either way, I have zero regrets getting it. Machine only has 800 miles on it (but I haven't gone 100% easy on it, but not 100% hard on it either lol)

·
Registered
886 Posts
never got extended on any of my machines and have never needed it.. Lucked out on the 2020 and got the 3 year warranty promo... Got it just before all this crap hit the fan gonna be a while before we see those promos again

·
Registered
58 Posts
depends if u have good dealer service. Our dealer here in the Yukon has a terrible reputation for service. No way I purchase an extended warranty there with no other canadian dealer within 800 miles. Last summer I called them on something small to look at during my 6 month warranty on my 2020 6x6 and they said " sure, drop it off today and maybe in 3 to 4weeks we'll have a look at it..." I just spend over $ 20,000 and they would not even give me an opinion on a question (I was wondering about the seeping water pump/hose that catches small amounts of coolant since day one). Also I had terrible service by them on my 2006 Outlander 800 the one time I dropped it off there. Other owners have similar experiences. I used my money to purchase the special tools needed to fix pretty much anything mechanical for the 800 and that covers most jobs for the 6x6 as well.

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
220 Posts
Bought my 570 in october 2017, sold it in november 2019. Two years I had it and put 3000 miles on it, had tranny, driveshaft, multiple seals and coolant leak issues. For me the extended warranty paid for itself multiple times over. I ride my machines hard but maintain them. A lot of guys only putt around and put a couple hundred miles on a year, but if I get another Can Am in the future no way I wouldn't get a extended warranty.
What are you riding now?
depends if u have good dealer service. Our dealer here in the Yukon has a terrible reputation for service. No way I purchase an extended warranty there with no other canadian dealer within 800 miles. Last summer I called them on something small to look at during my 6 month warranty on my 2020 6x6 and they said " sure, drop it off today and maybe in 3 to 4weeks we'll have a look at it..." I just spend over $ 20,000 and they would not even give me an opinion on a question (I was wondering about the seeping water pump/hose that catches small amounts of coolant since day one). Also I had terrible service by them on my 2006 Outlander 800 the one time I dropped it off there. Other owners have similar experiences. I used my money to purchase the special tools needed to fix pretty much anything mechanical for the 800 and that covers most jobs for the 6x6 as well.
That really sucks. Did you try complaining to BRP corporate so that they force their hand into treating you well especially after you spend $20k there!?

·
Registered
832 Posts
What are you riding now?

I ended up getting a 2020 Brute force 750. I love it got about 1500 miles on it so far. Dont get me wrong I really liked my can am, and would def look at a 850 in the future. I just kinda got sick of being the one that had issues, 2017 must have been a bad year as all my buddies that bought 17s had a lot of issues too. My kids are still rocking gen1 400s though:)

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
220 Posts
Yeah I know the Kawis are very reliable but that's partially because they're slow to innovate. I've ridden a 2004 Prairie for a while and it was a beast. Do you do your own maintenance on the Kawi?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeah I do all the maintenance. Kawi is definitely much more of a simplistic machine and been the same since 2012. There's things about both I like. The power of the 750 is awesome, and maintenance is so much easier then a can am. But the fit finish and ride of a can am is second to none.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I still use my 2004 AC 650 at times. Bought it new because of the Kawi engine.. many things broke on the bike (3500 hours on it) but I never ever needed to do anything to the engine other than oil changes!!! Love that engine!

·
Registered
58 Posts
That really sucks. Did you try complaining to BRP corporate so that they force their hand into treating you well especially after you spend $20k there!?
[/QUOTE]
I bet many guys already complained about them over the years... I just go and do my own show, learned lots about my bikes that way and enjoy life rather than waste time bitching to people that don't give a damn anyways.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts