Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to get the renegade ready for this season and extending the vent hoses is one of the things I want to do. Last year I got water in my diffs and I think it got in through the vent hoses under the pod. My question is what have other people done to extend them up in the past?

·
Registered
262 Posts
The past i dont know about, but i just got some hose and fittings to attach them, ran them all up to behind the display gauge with loops at the ends so no water can get in and travel

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You can put a small fuel filter on the end of the line to help keep water out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
As mentioned before, I put a small fuel filter on mine and put doubled up pantyhose over the other end. I've dunked this in water and swirled it around and nothing got in it but yet it will still allow air to move in and out.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a good idea. I am at work and can't see the bike for a week. How many hoses are there under the pod 3? They go to the diffs and transmission right?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Your diffs don't have vent lines.. They have the balloon style vent. That's what the black rubber xylophone looking thing is. Your diff vents into that. Your transcase has a vent line, on the side of your oil dipstick by your gas tank..

Make sure you remove that oem vent off the gas tank and run that up too.. Some remove the oem crankcase vent into the airbox and run that up high as well. I left mine, up to you.

·
Registered
554 Posts
They're not for your diffs if so.. Follow them and see.. Probably your radiator overflow, or the fan if it has one and maybe your transcase.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm not sure what year they changed it, but the Gen2 models don't have the bellows on the diffs. My 2014 Outlander and 2014/2015 Renegade has 4 vent lines under the dash. The 2 diffs, trans, and fuel tank. There is also a smaller overflow tube from the radiator. I didn't do anything about that one.

Here is a pic of my snorkels and vent lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ok, that's my fault for not knowing. Disregard my posts then. Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Ok, that's my fault for not knowing. Disregard my posts then. Good luck with your build.
Lots of the mudder guys put the bellows back onto the Gen 2 machines....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks renedragon for the input. I will extend the four hoses under the pod. Where did you pick up those fuel filter ends?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's cheap. Are all the hoses are 1/4"? Also you just push them into the existing hose and it blocks the water?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Also might wanna look at the seals on the diffs where the drive shaft connects. If they are bad water can get in here too. There will be gear oil around them if they r going bad. Just a thought

·
Registered
141 Posts
That's cheap. Are all the hoses are 1/4"? Also you just push them into the existing hose and it blocks the water?
All the hoses are 1/4 except for the coolant overflow hose, that one is smaller. The filter doesn't necessarily keep water out like a check valve, but it will ensure no grit or muddy water gets in. The knitting of the pantyhose makes the water want to bead up but it could still possibly get in with enough force. After I installed those filters, I coiled the lines over to help keep water from traveling.

If you go super deep, you can't keep water out of everything. I just plan to change my fluids often and take every precaution I can.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It amazes me that BRP got rid of the bellows and went to open vents. They finally came out with a genius design, then threw it away lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndrome.

·
Registered
554 Posts
? agreed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts