Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sure we all can come up with some kind band ad but should not have. To .The fault is with BRP, it's piss poor engineering. And not being honest. I took the stance I paid 12000.00 for the dam thing and not going to touch it with some some shitty fix.

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt ,elka stage 3 .HMF Titan QS .CVTech,
28 Posts
928dennis its not like bikes are snapping in half or motors are blowing up, just a little bit of a heat problem should be a easy fix
I was blown away with places you can go on these atv's and the beating it takes and still brings you home unless you crash
I think the engineering is outstanding maybe a couple small issues

·
Registered
17 Posts
Experienced same problem but different damaged areas. Had a 2014 can am outlander 650 XT and the bike got so hot it melted the water pump gasket, and other sensors. Culprit? Radiator! I'm a mud rider so the screen got clogged so much of mud that the coolant evaporated and slowly ate away the bike. Fixed the problems and got a radiator relocator kit. Best purchase for a quad who has their radiator inside the bike.

Honestly, it's difficult to keep a can am stock with no problems. They build bikes with so much potential but cheap out. Every can am owner I know have an aftermarket mod on it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
For those that have the PV3 do you know what the new AFR is in the map your using? Anyone know what the stock AFR is that everyone says is too lean?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
For those that have the PV3 do you know what the new AFR is in the map your using? Anyone know what the stock AFR is that everyone says is too lean?
never looked i did the flash and tossed it in the drawer until i need it next time...

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
523 Posts
It was sent to my local dealer from BRP, I was relentless on them, we were gearing up for a law suite if they had not worked with us. Not patting myself on the back but my dealer said it was us holding there feet to the fire that got that part made. We were documenting everything. I have come to believe the whole offroad industry is screwed up. They need more over site so crap like this won't happen. Anyway good luck.
Sure we all can come up with some kind band ad but should not have to. The fault is with BRP, it's piss poor engineering. And not being honest. I took the stance I paid 12000.00 for the dam thing and not going to touch it with some some shitty fix.
Thank you for having the correct attitude. I am with you about this being piss poor engineering as I am an engineer myself. This is not a problem that one should face after they dish out a ton of money simply because BRP needs to have this lean of a mixture to pass emission standards. This gives them no authority to burn people's legs and the machine's own shock absorber. Similar behavior in the aviation industry would get them a criminal lawsuit.
I made bold the parts above that I agree with the most. I couldn't have said it better myself.
In my opinion the exhaust heat shielding is a joke in engineering. Ad hoc parts with poor design and all they had to do is create an insulated tunnel (sealed) for the exhaust and add shielding back past the seat to solve the shock heat issue. Not some slopped together mix mash of bolted together aluminum pieces. I’m sure the tune helps, the overall design in my opinion lacks solid engineering. Now I’ve got to spend time and money to fix the mess, like others have.
I am in full support of what you are saying. You nailed it.

·
Registered
2020 Outlander 570 Max XT
35 Posts
I have a 2019 and 2020 570 Max and I am in the process of having the shock replaced for the same reason. Both atv’s have the same issue. Dealer thought I was crazy until they saw the shock. 750 km and melting away. Hopefully the fix it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I received a phone call from the dealer today. There is a “technical service advisory“ for the melting shock bumper. New shock and heat shield to be installed to correct the issue. Just waiting on parts. My 2019 570 had the same issue and is scheduled to go in next week for the repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can Am is aware of it, but inconsistent on whether they will fix it or not- some people say Can Am is fixing it, but other instances where they won't. Here is the BRP support bulletin on the subject that my dealer gave me. Even after giving this to Can Am customer service, they still refused to fix it in my instance.
. TST-137897

·
Registered
50 Posts
MrJawz, thanks for your post. It should be a big help for others who want to claim the fix from a dealer.
And the pics are helpful for those who want to make their own heat shield.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My dealer also told me that it applies to 2019 to 2021 model years only. Anything older and they won’t fix it

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
523 Posts
Anything older and they won’t fix it
That's just piss-poor service. Unacceptable really. If older machines are suffering from the same heat issue, which is well documented throughout these forums, then why exclude them?!

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt ,elka stage 3 .HMF Titan QS .CVTech,
28 Posts
They said I wasn't covered under warranty for the replacement shock figured I had two extra shocks from the 1000, purchased 2 heat shields the 850 took 10 mins to install on the 1000 had to modify the shield took a lttle extra time.
with the Elka shocks don't know how much heat these will take before failure or even if they fail at all but 25.00 for a heat shield or buy two new Elkas 850.00 only sold by pairs will gladly spend 25.00 for a shield whether they work or not we will find out .
1.JPG
2.JPG

21 - 37 of 37 Posts