Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just sold my 2011 outlander xxc that has given me an endless number of problems.
So it started like this at 800 miles:
motor blew up still not completely sure how
4 months later i went to pick it up and as i filled it with gas while still in the truck bed it gushed gas out of the tank
the exhaust melted a hole in the tank
a few weeks later i finally got to ride it
A month later and it started surging
the fuel pump went out
about another month later it would no longer charge the battery
the stator went out
also the fuel gauge did not read correctly
new fuel gauge
and finally 2 weeks later i sold the danm thing.
All this happened in less than a year and a half of buying it new. It is i disgrace thate a manfacturer would make a product that could potentially kill someone, this thing was literally a ticking time bomb that luckily didnt go off. So with that said it is time to say goodbye and all i ask is that someone tell me how to delete this account.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Sorry to hear all that Seth. Really seems very out of character for a Can am, or any ride for that matter. (although it is a machine, and machines do break.) I'm thinking you must have gotten a Friday built machine, ;)

But seriously, that sucks. And now it's got me wondering, I thought if I ever get a newer bigger Can am it would be the a 1000 XXC. hmmmm

Private message the owner and they can cancel your account for you.

Can-Am ATV Forum - Contact Us

I hope your four wheeling future holds better then the last couple years for you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear all that Seth. Really seems very out of character for a Can am, or any ride for that matter. (although it is a machine, and machines do break.) I'm thinking you must have gotten a Friday built machine, ;)

But seriously, that sucks. And now it's got me wondering, I thought if I ever get a newer bigger Can am it would be the a 1000 XXC. hmmmm

Private message the owner and they can cancel your account for you.

Can-Am ATV Forum - Contact Us

I hope your four wheeling future holds better then the last couple years for you.
Thank you what worries me most is the gas tank bit i had no idea the hole was in it. It could have blown any day and i believe there have been other cases on this forum i believe it is something Can Am should be working to prevent in the future.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Really sucks to hear that. I bought the same quad brand new as a left over Feb of 2013 and had it shipped from California to Washington. It's been flawless except for a smoked belt on tracks. (not by me) I've even bashed the front of the frame on a sharp rock! I did wrap the exhaust due to it melting the side plastic while on tracks and pushing it really hard in really wet, heavy snow.

One thing that doesn't make sense is that there was a hole in the tank after you picked it up. Did the dealer cause this or did the engine/exhaust overheat and cause this when the engine died? Either way, it should have smelled like gas when you picked it up.:0headscratch:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really sucks to hear that. I bought the same quad brand new as a left over Feb of 2013 and had it shipped from California to Washington. It's been flawless except for a smoked belt on tracks. (not by me) I've even bashed the front of the frame on a sharp rock! I did wrap the exhaust due to it melting the side plastic while on tracks and pushing it really hard in really wet, heavy snow.

One thing that doesn't make sense is that there was a hole in the tank after you picked it up. Did the dealer cause this or did the engine/exhaust overheat and cause this when the engine died? Either way, it should have smelled like gas when you picked it up.:0headscratch:
The hole had been melted in it from the exhaust before the engine had blown and I didnt find this out until i finally picked ut up. Correction yes the exhaust did melt the tank but not a hole it weakened that area of the tank until it cracked causing a leak. This crack must have happened on the ride that the engine blew.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You can definitely get a lemon.My 2011 800 xt had a valve guide drop at 600 miles. $3500 warranty repair. I just sold it and am buying a 14 650 xt with 3 year warranty. I wouldn't own one without warranty.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts