Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have it done up a bit, I figured I would post some pix of my new bike. The brushed Aluminum is a pretty sick color scheme. With all the warning labels removed it looks even better!! Went with the XMR gauge swap this time. The tires n wheels really set it off!! Went on it's first ride yesterday. Break in? what break in? LOL. Rode it hard in deep snow and everything else didn't get stuck once even in the deep snow. Had plenty of other bikes on my hook tho that day. All in all she ran great and the 1000 is a blast.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Looks good! I really wanna do the gauge swap on mine.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Looks great, love the new wheels and tires too. :th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks badass, the fox stickers look like they belong there too. What's the difference between the XMR and the XTPs gauge cluster?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
A yellow X on the mph side...

·
Registered
297 Posts
That is sweet. The warning stickers off make a huge difference. What did you use to take them off. Hair dryer?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Love that color, hoping it's still around when it comes time for me to upgrade!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah how'd you get glue off without dulling the finish? Everything I tried to use on my black xmr dulled it like crazy.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Where did u get the gauge cluster from? My 800xmr will be here in 3 days and i deffinetly want to change the cluster for the 1k cluster. Im guessing its all plug n play?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Gauge is available at any local BRP dealer and is 100% plug and play, need the plastic pod as well that goes around it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where did u get the gauge cluster from? My 800xmr will be here in 3 days and i deffinetly want to change the cluster for the 1k cluster. Im guessing its all plug n play?
power sports warehouse, online $230 for the gauge $20 for the pod and $ for the BRP logo.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah how'd you get glue off without dulling the finish? Everything I tried to use on my black xmr dulled it like crazy.
I used a heat gun and Klean Strip Wax and Grease Remover. I work at a body shop so I used some of it to get the glue off. Didn't harm the finish on my yellow one or this one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used duplicolor wax and grease remover on mine and it dulled it bad. Thinking of going with a creatorX graphics kit to cover it up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks bada$$!
I like how you kept the 'Warning - high performace ATV' Decal in front of the seat...
I sent a pic of that decal to my Popo buddy when I got my machine... told him he was the target audience for that warning...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts