Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finially picked up my new 2015 800xmr. This thing is a beast. Didnt even have it off the trailer for 1 min and i manage to scratch it lol, i wasnt expecting the ammount of power it had so i put it in low and just gave it a quick half throttle burst and it stood straight up in the air, the bar under the storage box got scratched when it hit the road but no big deal, gona take some getting used to. Gona brake her in on saturday. I love everything bout it so far, i cant stop smiling every time imlook at it. It was dark but heres a pic. Ill post more tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
My 15 xmr 1000 won't wheelie:th_smiliepullhair: even on blacktop. Just spins and leaves blackies.
It will with a new primary from what some other xmr owners have said.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Congrats! I got mine in November and I still can't get enough of it either!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
His 800 is the short chassis!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 1000 must be way heavier then, she didnt even hesitate, just stood right up. She did leave marks on the black top also, im not gona lie it scared the sh*t outa me since i wasnt expecting it haha

Now that i think about it im not sure how i feel about the location of the cvt intake. Might end up going with an actual pvc snorkle set up.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's a good thing my wife has an outlander 800xt I can get my wheelie fix! Yea the 1000 is a beast. Went out last weekend in the snow and I could go places in 2 wheel drive where my buddy couldn't in 4 wd on his polar ass.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My 2014 1000 would stand up with stock clutch and 29.5 OL2s in the grass where it could get traction, but had to help it a little. With my QSC primary in it'll stand up in the grass without any help.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
My 2014 1000 would stand up with stock clutch and 29.5 OL2s in the grass where it could get traction, but had to help it a little. With my QSC primary in it'll stand up in the grass without any help.
Is that without having to use any body english? ...I want to be able to just sit there and blip the throttle and it wheelies....will a new primary do that?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Buddy put a qsc stm on his n said it made a world of difference.
Side note... How can you tell if the belt is broken in correctly? I followed the manual and when it hit 30 miles i decided i wanted to play in the mud a lil, nothing harsh just sling in some soft areas. It felt like the bike wasnt even working to turn the tires. Just wondering because i can hear the belt "wistle" dosent sound like its slipping, its deffinetly grabbing lol. Is it suposed to make noise all the time? Btw i used the grey key the whole time. I did switch to the black key at the end of the day for bout 20 mins and ripped but just a quick burst. Everything seams healthy just dont kno how to tell if the belt is broken in or not yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts