Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021Outlander XT Max 650
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2021 650 Max XT. The dealership has one more 650 Max XT and one 650 XMR. I am from northwest Ohio.
What are some of things everybody carries? I did get an extra belt. Also does anybody know of any lockable storage that will fit a helmet or two?
I also got the plow kit with the 60” blade. Will post picture when I get all the parts. Dealership didn’t have the frame or the mount, I forgot which one. I chose to install myself because I like doing that stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey nice machine, if you plan on bringing a spare belt around with you make sure you get the bolt to spread the clutch sheaves to remove the old belt. other then that I personally don’t carry anything because in most cases if you break down you are going to have to get towed home anyway. A tip with these can ams are if you keep up with maintenance clean and put some kind of protectant on the plastic every second ride and they can last 30000 km easily

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
809 Posts
I just picked up a 2021 650 Max XT. The dealership has one more 650 Max XT and one 650 XMR. I am from northwest Ohio.
What are some of things everybody carries? I did get an extra belt. Also does anybody know of any lockable storage that will fit a helmet or two?
I also got the plow kit with the 60” blade. Will post picture when I get all the parts. Dealership didn’t have the frame or the mount, I forgot which one. I chose to install myself because I like doing that stuff.
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forums. Very nice machine you got there. I think the bolt that spreads the secondary so you can remove the belt comes in the ATV's toolkit. It's in the rear trunk.
As for the lockable storage that will fit two helmets, go with this: https://www.partzilla.com/product/can-am/715001749
It's $410 on Partzilla but $480 on canam's website so that's $70 saved right there.

If you want the lid to match the ATV's color, check the below and order accordingly:

Reactions: BombardierBomb

·
Super Moderator
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
773 Posts
Yes! Like @xsever said, 32 gallon trunk. I have it too. Love it. Heated hand grips, deluxe windshield, and definitely get skid plates! If you only get one thing, get the skid plates! It will save your machine from serious damage.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,567 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard! Solid first post, nice pics. Well done 🍺 (y)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome aboard, and congrats on the new Can Am. As to your question "what does everybody carry?". Here is what I carry in my Outlander at all times. All of it fits in the storage space on the back of the ATV, so I still have both racks open to carry anything on the racks
Tool kit (in addition to the Can Am supplied tool kit)
Tire repair kit
Portable air compressor
Rain gear
two bottles of water
Life Straw (purifies stream water for human consumption)
20' tow strap
50' winch rope extension
Clevis
Snatch block
Trail map (if needed)
And last, but not least, toilet paper.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your new ATV.

·
Registered
2011 Can Am Outlander 650 XTP; 2014 Can Am Renegade 1000 Xxc
14 Posts
Welcome aboard, and congrats on the new Can Am. As to your question "what does everybody carry?". Here is what I carry in my Outlander at all times. All of it fits in the storage space on the back of the ATV, so I still have both racks open to carry anything on the racks
Tool kit (in addition to the Can Am supplied tool kit)
Tire repair kit
Portable air compressor
Rain gear
two bottles of water
Life Straw (purifies stream water for human consumption)
20' tow strap
50' winch rope extension
Clevis
Snatch block
Trail map (if needed)
And last, but not least, toilet paper.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your new ATV.
Pretty much what I carry too. Just a few extras if you're going balls deep in mud:
  • Good quality ratchet strap (for setting the bead on tires)
  • Ether (good stuff, for setting beads,
  • Lighter or matches
  • Collapsible wiener sticks
  • Knife (small pocket one, or a leatherman of some sort)
  • Folding hand saw
  • First-aid kit
I've usually been the guy that can get us out of most crummy situations with this stuff. I've probably set around 6 tire beads in the last 4 years on mine, but mostly other guys' quads. Running my Renegade though I won't be able to take it all. It fit just fine on my Outty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts