Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey first post and first real mod on my 2015 outlander 1000xt I'm thinking I'm going to pickup a rad relocate tomorrow. i do a lot of trail riding and do end up in some sticky sitatutions but have never really needed snorkels. just wondering if anyone runs just a rad relocate without snorkels or thinks its weird?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I think you might want to invest in skid plates first. But yes if your going to do a rad relocate might as well do a snorkel as well. If you don't get really deep in muddy water and stuff you might want to not even consider it. I trail ride my quads and go thru (or try to) whatever comes in my way. I don't think I ever wish I had a rad relocate. Better to get snorkels first.

Both my 2013 quads have been modded and I don't think I would consider rad relocate for my riding style. But I do clean my quads and my rad pretty good after every ride. To all there own I guess.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Unless you do serious mudding, I wouldn't. I used to run snorkels and even took them off of my grizzly because I never truly needed them. Got in the way more than anything.

·
Registered
120 Posts

95% of these G2's overheating is due to dirty radiators. There's NO good way to clean them in their stock location. Even if you pull the inner plastics, you still can't get more than 75% of the mud out of the rad. The stock intakes on these bikes are plenty high enough for what I ride in, but a rad relocate was the first mod I did just after looking at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndrome.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I did both at the same time on mine also...I recall even seeing a note on one of the instructions about recommending both.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
umm my dealer is trying to talk me out of it because he says it would prob be to heavy on my suspension anyone have any issues with front end being a bit to heavy ? i only have 10 hours on the machine and never ridden can am before so just trying figure out what i wanna start my build with

·
Registered
167 Posts
umm my dealer is trying to talk me out of it because he says it would prob be to heavy on my suspension anyone have any issues with front end being a bit to heavy?
Your front suspension has to carry the weight of the radiator regardless of whether it's up top on the rack or down under, so I see no difference.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's that different gravity in Canada! I have an XMR and I like having access to the radiator but I also dearly miss having a front rack.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so should i tell the dealer he full of it and just grab one? they keep on suggesting i get one of the gorilla rad relocates but i personally prefer the look of the brp one.as long as i can fit 2 jerry cans on either side of it and don't have to worry about nothing melting and have the room up their then ill prob get one. sorry about my spelling guys and thanks for the input. keep it coming!!

·
Registered
134 Posts

95% of these G2's overheating is due to dirty radiators. There's NO good way to clean them in their stock location. Even if you pull the inner plastics, you still can't get more than 75% of the mud out of the rad. The stock intakes on these bikes are plenty high enough for what I ride in, but a rad relocate was the first mod I did just after looking at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndrome.
You have to run a 1 inch wheel spacer on your bike to clear them outlaws from hitting the podiums in the rear with the stock rims ?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Man i love that new Orange color...

Reactions: BLinindoll

·
Registered
73 Posts
Them bikes look some clean ;)
I would suggest a full skid plate... Mine was ripped off after a few runs....

Reactions: BLinindoll

·
Registered
116 Posts

Radiator relocate only. No snorkels needed. But like Brian said, it's almost impossible to clean the radiators on the G2. No matter how good you "think" you have it clean.....you dont.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I did my brp kit and snorkels. had the rad kit before the snorkels because of the back order.
The rad kit is a savior on trails. When i pulled the radiator, the whole back side was caked with mud from the first 2 hours of riding I did with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the input guys, went in looking for a rad relocate and came out with a HMF Swamp series slip-on and can am soft cargo box lol. I figure i might just snorkel and rad relocate after a few more rides if i think its nessasary or if i stumble across a large sum of cash :p lol

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I'm curious if the radiator is as efficient at cooling when its mounted up on the rack? Seems the angle would hurt the airflow some..?

·
Registered
297 Posts

Radiator relocate only. No snorkels needed. But like Brian said, it's almost impossible to clean the radiators on the G2. No matter how good you "think" you have it clean.....you dont.
I notice you have the bags on the side of the rad. Have you had any problems with the heat and the bags?

Also, are those the can am fogs on the front

·
Registered
294 Posts
I haven't had any over heating issues with mine. You won't get that straight on air flow that you once had, but you also won't have mud clogging it after mud rides. It's really a win either way you think about it with the rad on the rack.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts