Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Outlander 800 xt. Completely stock and I really like this machine. Took it through some swampy wooded areas, a few water/mud crossings. Nothing too deep, maybe 8" above the foot rest. The only thing Im a little disappointed with is the brushed aluminum finish. Seems like its not that durable, a few branches rubbed across the fenders and now I have black scratches showing. but hey, no big deal. Completely happy with the power this thing makes too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I have the 650 Max in brushed aluminum. Haven't noted any marks on the finish, though the black parts (trunk box, bumpers etc) all show up like chalk on a blackboard.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome from Connecticut!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I bought my 15 Outty 800 in February, I have over 600 miles on it now, love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have black plastics on my outty and in 60 miles they look like crap. I'll never buy a atv with black on it again! Looks good on the showroom floor but to easy to scratch for a atv plastic for me.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I have black plastics on my outty and in 60 miles they look like crap. I'll never buy a atv with black on it again! Looks good on the showroom floor but to easy to scratch for a atv plastic for me.
If you have the xtp then you should be able to buff yours out since the fenders are painted..

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you have the xtp then you should be able to buff yours out since the fenders are painted..
I do have the xtp. They are past the paint. I think the black plastic looked awesome at the dealer but now I'm regretting the black, but I am glad I got the xtp vs xt. To me it's a easy decision for a few k more. I took the stickers off and used goo gone and it hazed the plastic. Never seen anything like it. In a year it will look 5 years old but who cares it's a atv.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Love my black painted plastic, my 800 just turned 5,000km and it looks like new...has had lots of mud and driving in the bush hunting too. I also have a 2013 XTP with about 2,000km, it looks perfect too. I for one will never buy an atv that isn't painted....very durable!

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
Land vehicle All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire
I love my painted black! 800 miles in the mud and bush and they look great. Buff them out with a compound and polish every now and then and fhey look great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.