Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to purchase my first side by side. I'm looking for a 4 seater. I am not crazy about the quality or reliability issues with Polaris. Because of this, I have been waiting for the Honda Talon 4 seater to come out. i looked at one today and was disappointed with rear seating and driver seating for tall driver. i decided to look at Can-Am. I was really impressed with build quality. I'm have heard mixed thoughts on reliability.

I will be riding mostly trails in Northern Arizona. I'm not a speed freak so i don't need "the fastest thing on 4 wheels". I'm looking for something that we can take out, have fun for 3-4 hours trail riding, and get home!

I appreciate any feedback on reliability issues and model recommendations. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am looking to purchase my first side by side. I'm looking for a 4 seater. I am not crazy about the quality or reliability issues with Poloris. Because of this, I have been waiting for the Honda Talon 4 seater to come out. i looked at one today and was disappointed with rear seating and driver seating for tall driver. i decided to look at Can-Am. I was really impressed with build quality. I'm have heard mixed thoughts on reliability.

I will be riding mostly trails in Northern Arizona. I'm not a speed freak so i don't need "the fastest thing on 4 wheels". I'm looking for something that we can take out, have fun for 3-4 hours trail riding, and get home!

I appreciate any feedback on reliability issues and model recommendations. Thanks in advance!
You should get a lot of help from the Facebook group that deals with that specific utv.
Can Am X3 (Max)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had three Maverick X3's so far, and no reliability problems with any of them. In fact, the only reliability problem I've ever had with a Can Am was a power steering failure way back on a 2012 Outlander 1000. Can Am replaced the power steering unit under warranty, no questions asked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking to purchase my first side by side. I'm looking for a 4 seater. I am not crazy about the quality or reliability issues with Polaris. Because of this, I have been waiting for the Honda Talon 4 seater to come out. i looked at one today and was disappointed with rear seating and driver seating for tall driver. i decided to look at Can-Am. I was really impressed with build quality. I'm have heard mixed thoughts on reliability.

I bought an X3 XRC Turbo RR about 4 months ago. The local dealer has had it in their shop more than I've had it. Bad wiring harness caused a "Check Smart Lok" error on the dash. Problem with front sway bar. Yesterday, after getting it back from the shop, tried to start it and got PPS error. Wouldn't start.
Waiting to talk to the dealer and BRP to see what they intend to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check out our YouTube channel

we use the Honda pioneer 700/1000 whilst it’s not the fastest (75mph) it’s so reliable !! And has amazing 4x4 system along with shaft driven ( no belt breaking ) and full proper 4x4 locking diffs. we have the 2 seater talon it’s a flying machine not to impressed with the auto locking diff but the speeds amazing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought an X3 XRC Turbo RR about 4 months ago. The local dealer has had it in their shop more than I've had it. Bad wiring harness caused a "Check Smart Lok" error on the dash. Problem with front sway bar. Yesterday, after getting it back from the shop, tried to start it and got PPS error. Wouldn't start.
Waiting to talk to the dealer and BRP to see what they intend to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
check out our YouTube channel above this is a recurring issue on can am for all they are tremendous fun they sure do break down a lot haha sorry to hear about your troubles we’re about to get a defender 6x6 so hopefully that’s a bit better now some of the bugs have been worked out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts