Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am trying to find good quality 2" flex pipe here in Ottawa I am going to do true 2" all three snorkels. It needs to be flexible and can handle our cold and the heat. I was told to try pool and spa places I did with no luck.
Anyone know where i can get it?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want the 2" because I want more air flow . I also plan to do engine mods soon so I don't want to choke up the intake. I would like to do flex pipe for easier access to everything else. Like changing spark plugs and adjusting valves

·
Registered
790 Posts
Marine exhaust tubing

·
Registered
201 Posts
Im not sure if you guys have home depot in Canada. But you can order from them online here is a link its 70 bucks for 25 feet. Kinda pricey but im sure 25 foot should be plenty.
Watts 2 in. x 25 ft. PVC Spa Flex Hose-RSFV - The Home Depot
I would get some exhaust wrap and wrap it up good anywhere you are coming close to the exhaust. If you guys do have home depot you maybe able to go to the store and buy it by the foot too.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you did do engine mods and were keeping the stock air box the inlet diameter will still be smaller than 1.5" and there would be no issues to my knowledge.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
I ran 2 inch on mine a few years ago,to get around the exhaust I had a piece of exhaust pipe bent at a muffler shop and 2 stock rubber couplers for each end,one to the CVT and the other to a hard PVC 90 degree elbow.

I searched forever to find good flex PVC and ended up using this.

I didn't get it from Amazon,but it reads to be the same.

No problems for 5 or so years.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im not sure if you guys have home depot in Canada. But you can order from them online here is a link its 70 bucks for 25 feet. Kinda pricey but im sure 25 foot should be plenty.
Watts 2 in. x 25 ft. PVC Spa Flex Hose-RSFV - The Home Depot
I would get some exhaust wrap and wrap it up good anywhere you are coming close to the exhaust. If you guys do have home depot you maybe able to go to the store and buy it by the foot too.
Yes we have Home Depot and lowes here I will check that out thank you. I know it says flexible I wonder how flexible it really is

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ran 2 inch on mine a few years ago,to get around the exhaust I had a piece of exhaust pipe bent at a muffler shop and 2 stock rubber couplers for each end,one to the CVT and the other to a hard PVC 90 degree elbow.

I searched forever to find good flex PVC and ended up using this.
2" x 50' Ultra-Flex PVC Pipe (Black) - Pipe Fittings - Amazon.com

I didn't get it from Amazon,but it reads to be the same.

No problems for 5 or so years.

Thank you I believe your bike is a gen 1 so a different set up but the flex pipe looks good. I am going to check out our Home Depot here first and see what they say

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know here in the states most of them carry it in store.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The good thing about that kind of pipe is that it's smooth on the inside and outside so it won't choke the engine or disrupt the airflow any loke that corrugated pool hose would.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The good thing about that kind of pipe is that it's smooth on the inside and outside so it won't choke the engine or disrupt the airflow any loke that corrugated pool hose would.
You know i never thought about that. I wonder if it does have any kind of affect?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well ideally you would want an intake that is as smooth as possible so it would keep the air flowing smooth and fast and not getting a bunch of turbulence in it before it reaches the airbox and into the engine. I don't know how much of a performance boost it would give, if any, but that's how I see it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just called home depot here in Ottawa said it is a USA item and can't get it here in Canada wtf?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, definitely wtf. They can't order it to their store for you?
Nope said they couldn't , totally doesn't make sense what a kick in the nutz :th_smiliefrustrated

·
Registered
201 Posts
You should be able to order it offline from home depot and have it shipped to your house if that wont work im sure you can find it on amazon or ebay. It might even be a little cheaper online.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I found some in Ottawa at a pool supply place. $4 a foot now to figure out how many feet I will need. Lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
Good deal man that seems quite a bit cheaper then anywhere online i have seen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts