Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outlander 570 l xmr
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the title states, I flipped my outty in water decently deep (up to the headlights) got it flipped back took it to the trailer and started draining the oil. Drained it a few times including air box, went to start it fired right up but after a few seconds it died and now it doesn't want to start. New plugs are in, I got spark,fuel pump is good, but compression is an identical 35psi on both cylinders. Could it have pulled a valve out of place? Any and all suggestions welcomed. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I would get another compression tester and just make sure they were both 35psi. Make sure you hold throttle wide open when you test it. If they are both 35, unfortunately you may have bent both rods. That's about the only reason I can think of that they would both be identical at 35 psi.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BombardierBomb

·
Registered
585 Posts
When I was a kid, I worked at a Honda/Kawasaki dealership. I was a parts guy, and it became clear that the real income for the shop was in selling parts. If you were to build a motorcycle from scratch, buying each part, the final cost was something like a 100x the cost of the showroom bike fully assembled and ready to ride.

With people treating their ATVs like boats or submarines, the parts gauging continues to be the money making path to the successful manufacturers and their dealerships. Can-Am and all its dealerships gives a warm and cheery thank you to the NewGuy570. We could not do this without you. :eek:

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,788 Posts
Can you upload a video of it turning over? 35psi oughta sound like a rotary

·
Registered
2016 Outlander 570 l xmr
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would get another compression tester and just make sure they were both 35psi. Make sure you hold throttle wide open when you test it. If they are both 35, unfortunately you may have bent both rods. That's about the only reason I can think of that they would both be identical at 35 psi.

Would bent rods put stress on the starter? I'm getting a good 270rpm when turning it over

·
Registered
2016 Outlander 570 l xmr
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I was a kid, I worked at a Honda/Kawasaki dealership. I was a parts guy, and it became clear that the real income for the shop was in selling parts. If you were to build a motorcycle from scratch, buying each part, the final cost was something like a 100x the cost of the showroom bike fully assembled and ready to ride.

With people treating their ATVs like boats or submarines, the parts gauging continues to be the money making path to the successful manufacturers and their dealerships. Can-Am and all its dealerships gives a warm and cheery thank you to the NewGuy570. We could not do this without you. :eek:
Hey gotta give someone some work lol

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Just depends on if they are bent bad enough for the piston to be hitting the counterweights. You could bent a valve in both cylinders I guess, just seems unlikely. I would try doing a leak down test at this point.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
874 Posts
Something tells me it hydrolocked and damaged the rings and maybe something else.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Don’t forget the brand new parts that designed to fail or wear out after few hundred miles. 🤬

1 - 12 of 12 Posts