Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had the opportunity to meet John face to face on Saturday and pick up a new primary spring. It was a pleasure to meet you John and look forward to dealing with you again in the future. And thanks for the free VFORCEJOHN gift. You guys need to get your orders in now because you don't want to miss out on this gift. It will come in handy. Thanks again for everything John.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nice to meet you as well. Shame I didn't get to go on the ride from all the work I had. but you and your wife are more than welcome to get out here anytime you want.

If Chris gets his Brute fixed, you can team up with Jere and meet us up for a ride anytime and we'll put those "tools" to use

John

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sounds like a plan John. I am just glad my daughter did not go along on this ride. Someone said the final count was around 77 people. Too many break downs and the group kept getting seperated plus I got nervous with my wife going that fast to keep up. I did manage to get 21 mpg

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I know. I went to AC/DC on my BMW 450 and watched everyone sit there for almost 2 hours while 2-3 people climbed the hill. that got boring fast.

then on my way around I saw the group had split up and people were lost everywhere and some broke down. chain popped, someone needed a swingarm welded, flat tires, smoke brakes.

it's hard to get a group that large to stay together especially when there are so many locals.

I have a yearly ride VFJ coal run. I usually do it in the spring but this year I'll do it in the fall. one year I had 75 people that followed me on a 65 mile ride. we only lost 1 person due to carb issues!! and that was 1/4 mile from the shop. other years, haven't been so successful. last year we had about 70 riders but alot of locals. they took off in every direction and some people followed the wrong groups and led people where they should not have been. It was frustrating to say the least!!

Now I just avoid the big group rides and hang back and do my own thing. It's not like I can't ride in my back yard, every day, anyway.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I usually ride alone, because all my friends either want to sit in the bar or break down non stop! I don't mind stopping but I go to ride, not sit on bar stools.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It was very frustrating with all the sitting around waiting for everyone and all the break downs but don't get me wrong anytime you can meet new people and see some sites you have never saw before makes it all worth it. I am pretty easy going.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
John when is the best time to call and do you just take the card over the phone? I will probably be making a purchase this weekend if possible if not next week. I still have your #
Thanks, Brian.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
John when is the best time to call and do you just take the card over the phone? I will probably be making a purchase this weekend if possible if not next week. I still have your #
Thanks, Brian.
just call the shop. 570-773-1240 or email me [email protected]

Pm me on here whatever. If I have it, I'll sell it.

John

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hay John, It was nice to meet you face to face. I used the free gift about 45 times over the weekend while I was at Carlisle. Thanks again, Bob

·
Registered
948 Posts
I know. I went to AC/DC on my BMW 450 and watched everyone sit there for almost 2 hours while 2-3 people climbed the hill. that got boring fast.

then on my way around I saw the group had split up and people were lost everywhere and some broke down. chain popped, someone needed a swingarm welded, flat tires, smoke brakes.

it's hard to get a group that large to stay together especially when there are so many locals.

I have a yearly ride VFJ coal run. I usually do it in the spring but this year I'll do it in the fall. one year I had 75 people that followed me on a 65 mile ride. we only lost 1 person due to carb issues!! and that was 1/4 mile from the shop. other years, haven't been so successful. last year we had about 70 riders but alot of locals. they took off in every direction and some people followed the wrong groups and led people where they should not have been. It was frustrating to say the least!!

Now I just avoid the big group rides and hang back and do my own thing. It's not like I can't ride in my back yard, every day, anyway.
You got that right.

I go to ride. if i want to talk ill get on here. :aniwheeler6:

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Hay John, It was nice to meet you face to face. I used the free gift about 45 times over the weekend while I was at Carlisle. Thanks again, Bob

I was down there Friday and looked for you. I think your black car was next to the CJ pony parts in the grass by the fence, but you must have been gone?

Did you have any luck selling or buying??

Thanks for stopping by my place!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yes, Sold some junk / bought some junk. Walked about 20 miles and got a sun burn. Great weekend.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts