Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a gade on 30" silverbacks that I think might have a slight front brake problem.

I recently did some heavy mudding- real heavy mudding. Anyway, I managed to bottom out in some real deep sloppy stuff, had to get pulled out by a swamp buggy. I had been riding all day for about 4 hours and the gade ran perfect, didn't beat the hell out of it, just good old cruisin'. However, after being pulled out I noticed a slight pull to the right in the steering, only it wasn't constant, and was more of a jerking motion, as if the handle bars wanted to go right, really, really hard.

I managed to get it back to my trailer, load it up, and take it to the car wash. Pressure washed it sparkly clean, then took her home. Upon unloading the jerking had stopped when I tried to recreate the problem in my yard to diagnose what had happened. When I was going slow back to the trailer at the mudding area, a friend of mine said he could see the front right tire lift up, as if I were running over a rock, only I was on hard packed flat dirt. This was not a constant however, just seemed to pull real hard right, then go away, then come back here and there, then go away, come back every few feet I drove, no noticeable pattern.

My guess is maybe the front right brake is locking up? Maybe something to do with the front right shock? Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I fixed it after the pressure wash?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
could the swampy buggy had bent something?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The swamp buggy pulled me out nice and slow, with a wench, as I stood off the bike and gave it throttle. I hooked up the wench to a wild boar rad relocate bumper. Doesn't seem bent, no noticeable bends or anything of the sort

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could the steering have been bent in some way? Like I said, the problem could not be found after I got it home, only after the huge mud pit. There could easily be something bent, as it was thick mud and though the wench was nice and slow, the gade did have a giant pile of mud it had to get dragged through, whether it wanted to or not. If there was a part bent by being pulled out, which part could it be that would present itself right after, but no longer present, as of now? That's why I think it has something to do with the brake, maybe the mud got in between the disk and brake itself? Or some kind of failure of the shock causing the "running over a large rock" feeling?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts