Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while now I've been having a popping noise in the front end that's getting worse. It sounds like the inside off the diff. I had it in the shop for the 25hr service an they couldn't replicate it. Now when I get in mud, water or sad basically any load it pops really loud and feels like it's having trouble spinning the front 2 tires. Well I sent to the shop agin and told them to rip the front diff apart, they wanted to go riding to replicate the problem and I wasn't comfortable with that. So they ripped it apart and found nothing wrong, warranty has nothing to cover so I'm stuck with a $450 dollar bill. Anybody had issues like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
795 Posts
More likely the C.V. joints would wear out. Check them by doing left and right full lock turns. Hear this on cars all the time, they make more of a ratcheting/clicking sound. Universal joint on driveshaft something to check. Your dealer must have checked all this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll make sure they checked all this. I've got a big trip coming up with 3 days riding in Amarillo along the Canadian river. 30 miles of rough terrain and I'm prolly going to beat the shit out of my arc which I usually do. Put 150+ miles on it or more. Wanting to make sure everything is in proper working order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts