Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
On my 08 800 Outlander, it is under the seat , towards the back. When I changed mine lat time, I cut it open and it was black (2000 miles)

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think I read in another thread that they are inside the fuel tank now.Or maybe they just added one inside the tank? If you can't find it, that's where it may "hide".
Yes its inside the tank together whit the full pump.

9b

·
Registered
196 Posts
I thought i saw an inline filter on my 800 too?

·
Lifetime Member / Experienced Builder
6,533 Posts
if the fuel line come off the top of the tank, the filter is in the tank. if the fuel line comes off the bottom of the tank, there is an inline filter outside the tank, before the Y to the return fuel line. they changed tanks in 2008, i believe, as some of the 2008's have the smaller fuel capacity.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's to bad they removed the external inline gas filter---so much easier to replace and as far as the smaller tank--- it sure cut down on the distance you can travel without extra gas. I use to bring one extra gas tank now I bring two--- the rest is perfect.

·
Lifetime Member / Experienced Builder
6,533 Posts
the fuel filter in the tank doesn't need to be replaced nearly as often as the older inline ones. i still don't like the bigger sock filter, though. on the older ones, the small sock filter would get clogged up, forcing you to clean the tank before the pump, filter, or regulator had an issue. but having to pull the tank is WAY harder to clean the sock filter or replace the pump. i can't tell you how many of the newer fuel assemblies i've worked on just hours before races and got them running better without any special tools and no more than 15-20 minutes of work. it takes well over half an hour just to drop the tank on the older ones.

·
Registered
38 Posts
any body know a good aftermarket fuel filter and what size ill need for my 08 outty 800?? been 3yrs 1000miles need to change it id say

·
Registered
187 Posts
cleaning sock filter

what are u guys using to clean the in tank sock filter? and also what are yall using to tighten the screws when you re-install the fuel pump and is there any liquid sealer or anything i should put on the new gasket? i dont want to go stripping anything or having any leaks! im planning on changing both filters on my bike and im trying to figure all this out b4 i start! lol oh and i have an 06 outty 800 xt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts