Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Outlander 570 and the fuel tank appears to be not venting.
If the engine has been running it get a vacuum in side the tank.
When i open the fuel tank you hear it sucking in air.
Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find the breather???

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think that has been a running issue in all models randomly... dont limit your search to your specific size... seen one collapse the tank...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah a Mate has a 650 and it did exactly that!
It made me look at mine a little closer!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the issue!
Coming of the tank is a clear hose that has a "T" in it.
One side does a loop around the filling point before disappearing behind the seat / frame.
The other joins upto a white breather filter which goes up in to the snorkel.
These check valves were gummed up and not venting properly which was causing my tank to run under a vacuum.
you will need to remove the seat. battery and battery tray to get access to the hosses.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm not sure about others, and not saying you should follow suit, but I got rid of one or both(?) of those valves not long after I got my bike. Thats 6 years ago, never had an issue. I also got some more hose and ran that vent line up to the pod.
I was lucky in that I could access them from underneath above the right rear tire. Altho it was tight in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found the issue!
Coming of the tank is a clear hose that has a "T" in it.
One side does a loop around the filling point before disappearing behind the seat / frame.
The other joins upto a white breather filter which goes up in to the snorkel.
These check valves were gummed up and not venting properly which was causing my tank to run under a vacuum.
you will need to remove the seat. battery and battery tray to get access to the hosses.

View attachment 99029
How do you clean these air breather check valves I think my engine is starving for air after running it a few miles it is just like I am shutting the key off & on keeps dying on me is this the problem do you think?

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,222 Posts
Bob, I don't think that's your problem, but I'd advise going ahead and posting a new thread, with your bike information/age, symptoms, etc., in the correct sub-forum. I know there are plenty here that want to help, but give us something more to work with.

Welcome to the site!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts