Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '13 outlander 1000 gear position display has been going crazy on me. It will display any position but the right one sometimes. I wouldn't notice, but when it says I'm in reverse when I'm actually in high it rev limits me, which isn't fun. If I stop and shut it off or mess with the shifter or even the lights it works right for a little bit. This has mostly been happening when I have been spraying with it using an electric pump, but it can't be drawing much power.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
What are you using in the acc plug?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing in the acc plug. Running a 12v pump off the battery

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Air pump or bilge pump for water?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Water pump for spraying weeds through hand wand or through 11' boom

Attachments

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
That is sort of like a bilge pump. I bet it pulls more amps than you think. Wonder if that is drawing the battery down and doin wonky things to the ECU. Wait till the radiator fan comes on, then start the pump. Bet you can hear the fan slow down. Might be a draw issue

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have the same issue. It comes on randomly during a ride. Took the position sensor off to check and see if I could notice anything wrong. It's just a simple rotation sensor. There's a small circular clip that clamps onto the gear shaft. Just make sure it's tight and snug when you push it back on.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
same issue , my sensor was bad . 4000 km

Did you replace it yourself or dealer. Just wondering if it needs to be recalibrated when you replaced with new sensor.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Just wanted to give a quick update since it's been a little over a month and I've been on a couple of rides with no issues since I took the sensor off to inspect.

Not sure if it was because I sprayed some electrical contact cleaner inside the rotor wheel or because I tightened up the circular clip. All seems to work great now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts