Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a stock outlander, engine air intake and cvt intake is pretty high, high enough for my purposes. But the limiting factor is cvt exhaust, which is just right above the gas exhaust, under the seat.
I have heard issues, like melted plastics etc, if you remove the "exhaust cooling" and relocate the cvt exhaust up to pod. That's what I have heard, but sure it depents how you drive and to what you use your atv for.
So the guestion is: have any of you done (or planned to) a longer cvt exhaust pipe which eventually goes back to gas exhaust to cool it down. Like go up to pod, and back down to its original exit.
That way I could keep the cooling, and go deep in water.
Ideas, anyone?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am curious about this also. I dont do a lot of deep water riding, its more of a just in case type of thing. I havent tore things apart to take a good look at it either. I was hoping the dealer would sell me just the CVT exhaust snorkel but nope have to buy the whole thing ha.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
1000's of people have snorkels up to pod and have no problems. If you think youre gonna have melting issue then just put a little extra heat tape under seat. I have my renegade snorkeled and no issues so far and I don't ride in very much water.

·
Registered
932 Posts
1000's of people have snorkels up to pod and have no problems. If you think youre gonna have melting issue then just put a little extra heat tape under seat. I have my renegade snorkeled and no issues so far and I don't ride in very much water.
Ha, who are you kidding, you don't ride in very much water. Do I need to repost some vids? :th_smiliebanana2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am curious about this also. I dont do a lot of deep water riding, its more of a just in case type of thing. I havent tore things apart to take a good look at it either. I was hoping the dealer would sell me just the CVT exhaust snorkel but nope have to buy the whole thing ha.
You can buy just that. But you have to do some changes too.
Here's something you need, I'm not sure is there all you need, but most of it. Someone maybe done this and can tell what else you need?
And I'm not 100% sure if you need all of these...

ATV 207561644 Hex. Flanged Screw M6 X 16, Scotch Grip 4

ATV 293150089 Tuflok Plastic Rivet 3

ATV 293650091 Norma Clamp 1

ATV 706600019 Air Outlet 1

ATV 706600020 Air Outlet 1

ATV 707001129 Deflecftor 1

ATV 707001158 Air Outlet Support 1

ATV 707001205 Heat Shield 1

ATV 707001206 Heat Shield 1

ATV 707001212 Module Support 1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts