Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a complete set. havent had a chance to really test em yet but anyone have any thoughts? the factory bushings suck, they wear out every 10 minutes

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
They fit like a glove!

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
They are indestructible from what I've heard. I run the Jccapri bushings in all the Polaris stuff I've had to replace them in and he's got most can am ones now too. Basically the same stuff.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just replaced all the bushings on my machine. Two of the factory bushings went bad in the front (lower control arms) and of course the sway bar bushings were never good. The garage product bushings are definitely a lot tighter. Made a nice difference, no more banging around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
GP

John From Garage Products .

I have several fellows from Canada that are pushin 2000 miles and over on their outlanders and Renegades with our bushings . Our GNCC guy got all last year on ours and they were still tight as the day He put them in . I have yet to have one person tell me that they've wore any out . the arms get worn if the stock one are left in too long and they spin . But we'll make oversized ones for you if that happens . you just have to let us know .

we do all the popular machines from all the major Manufactures . Im not a sponsor on this site so i wont post our site or carry on too much here . Contact us with questions

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input, actually got two complete sets one for me and other for sons quad, cant wait to test

·
Registered
5 Posts
Garage Products Bushings

I have had these in my bike for almost a year no issues they are awesome. Other than winter the bike lives in mud every weekend.:th_smiliedance:

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have 12,000 miles on GP Bushings and they are still as tight as the day I put them in. Thanks for such a great product John.

·
Registered
875 Posts
GP Bushings rock!!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
The only replacement bushings I will ever use. These bikes are a pain in the ass to work on any way, one time doin' them with GP and you dont have to worry bout em' EVER.... Thanks John!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no doubt mike, only thing i dont like about our can ams is that they are a pain in the butt to do even basic maintainence. gonna start new thread on few maint issues, the gear box iol drain for sure

·
Registered
250 Posts
Should I consider myself lucky I'm at 3K miles on factory bushings that are tight as day one? Actually hard to accept grease! I've used Amsoil heavy equipment grease since day one. I truly believe using an inferior grease will drastically reduce the service life of these bushings in no time.

·
Registered
652 Posts
My 1000 has around 140 miles and 35 hours. My dealer greased it once. I have greased it once. I have no idea how to tell if the bushings are good or bad. Everything seemed tight. All bushings accepted grease in what I would call a normal way. I didn't notice anything unusual.

Will anyone explain what the novice needs to look for in determining the shape/condition of the stock bushings?

·
Registered
267 Posts
The way i checked mine was to grab the tire with both hands and wiggle up and down, side to side like you would check ball joints/bearings, shine a flashlight at the bushing and you will see some side to side play and possible up and down also depending how bad. You can do it with bike on the ground or in the air. If nothing moves your good, but chances are you will have abit of play.

To me with the bushing bad the bike felt really sloppy, i but GP bushing last winter and ive had no troubles with them, the bike feels tight and more responsive. Got about 1500km on them and they still wont take grease, that's how tight they are lol I pre-greased them before installing so i'm not worried. GP bushings are the way to go hands down, will buy them again if these ones ever wear out.

Reactions: CanAmVOL
1 - 15 of 15 Posts