Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a well known issue that the oem gas caps don't seal properly, leading to mud and water getting into the gas tank.

A lot of guys are replacing the gas cap with an aftermarket billet aluminum cap. However, I did this as well on my last quad (2013 Outlander) and it tore up the plastic threads on the tank opening.

Is there another option to get a good seal on the cap?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
What cap did you use last time? I've bee running an aluminum cap made by pines powersports up here on my '14 since new and my tank threads are still in mint condition and I've never had any type of water intrusion.

Reactions: Jungleman

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought the locking gas cap from BRP....seals great and locks!

Reactions: Jungleman

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys. Here's a pic of the one I used, wrecked the plastic threads.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have trouble with the Maximum Billet or Custom Mods Design aluminum gas caps destroying the plastic threads?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Been using the maximum billet for years. No trouble.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I run Maximum Billet as well. Other than taking what seemed like a ridiculous amount of time to receive it, I am happy with it.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. Here's a pic of the one I used, wrecked the plastic threads.

I used the same one and had the same results. Plus it stopped venting after a few rides and gas would spill all over.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's a well known issue that the oem gas caps don't seal properly, leading to mud and water getting into the gas tank.

A lot of guys are replacing the gas cap with an aftermarket billet aluminum cap. However, I did this as well on my last quad (2013 Outlander) and it tore up the plastic threads on the tank opening.

Is there another option to get a good seal on the cap?

This is not important. The air filter cap. Is shit. Need replace that one. All I have is ROTAX motor 1000 can am. ROTAX stays. Body falls off but u will still have. ROTAX. MOTOR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts