Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard some people say gearbox. Some people say crankcase. Are these one in the same? Or are they different? Can someone please explain?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are different. The gearbox is the transmission and the crankcase is the bottom of motor where the engine oil is held.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Thanks. So do you know if the crankcase has a vent line?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are different. The gearbox is the transmission and the crankcase is the bottom of motor where the engine oil is held.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Thanks. So do you know if the crankcase has a vent line?
Not sure about your particular model , but most are "vented" into the airbox .
OK, so I installed my BRP snorkel and if I look for that particular vent going into my airbox then I should be good to go.

·
Registered
203 Posts
BRP runs the vent line into the airbox for the crankcase, the gearbox is usually vented off the top of the gearbox but doesn't do to the airbox. If you are going in deep water (which Ido) then I would run the gearbox ventline up into the airbox. I did it like the XMR, or you could just run the vent line up your snorkels or up into the pod.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BRP runs the vent line into the airbox for the crankcase, the gearbox is usually vented off the top of the gearbox but doesn't do to the airbox. If you are going in deep water (which Ido) then I would run the gearbox ventline up into the airbox. I did it like the XMR, or you could just run the vent line up your snorkels or up into the pod.
Thanks... I have confirmed that my gearbox vent is run to the pod from factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts