Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of brake fluid do these take? I've lost pressure in the front of my renegade. Acts like a fluid leak would to me. My initial thought was DOT4 but want to make sure.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yup DOT 4 is what they take.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so I checked the fluid and it was fine. What's next? Pads look worn to me but I wouldn't have thought the lever would lose pressure. No noticeable cuts or leak.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The oem pads on these can-ams are junk, they don't last long. Get some aftermarket ones and don't have to worry about brakes for a while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The oem pads on these can-ams are junk, they don't last long. Get some aftermarket ones and don't have to worry about brakes for a while.
I put some of the Race Driven Severe Duty pads on order yesterday. These OEM pads are the worst ones I've had as far as wearing down so quickly. Can Am is lucky that I'm in love with their drivetrain because their four wheelers sure require extra maintenance overall compared to different brands ive owned in the past.

·
Registered
267 Posts
True, they are high maintenance machines, but address the weak points and you have a good machine. Think about it, they're one of the most powerful ATV you can buy and on top of that they weigh 900+ lbs fully loaded. It's just way it is with an off-road machine lol cut the power and the weight in half and of course you'll have half the problems. Also if you stay out of the mud parts tend to last longer lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
True, they are high maintenance machines, but address the weak points and you have a good machine. Think about it, they're one of the most powerful ATV you can buy and on top of that they weigh 900+ lbs fully loaded. It's just way it is with an off-road machine lol cut the power and the weight in half and of course you'll have half the problems. Also if you stay out of the mud parts tend to last longer lol.
That makes perfect sense to me. Have to pay to play I've always heard. I'm working my way through the weak points one by one. I can't really complain on the pads much. I was running really heavy tires in mud a lot of that time.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Unfortunately, yes i heard the same gotta pay to play and it couldn't be anymore true lol. Bad enough you spend thousands in mods to make em your own, etc. it is a major piss off when you miss rides because you gotta replace parts that they cheaped out on at the factory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts