Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So iv been stareing at my stock muffler for ages since i did a hmf xland it hit me earlier yo try and mod it.so i did...takes about 2 mins and its free....and loud as fack :). Basiclly remove tip and cut the the triangle piece on the oppisite side and swap em after drilling a 2 inch hole. I cut mine open the see what was in there but not necessary.im gonna run it for a bit the see how i like it...my rideing buddy has a raptor witha yoshi so he dont mind loud lol and theres no homes around where i ride so thata not an issue either.heres some pics.i used screws with threadlocker to show how easy it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
ya, theres a thread on this from a few years ago. Many of us did this.
Mine lost power and stumbled and backfired because it was lean, so I threw a full Muzzy on it and tuner and it went from power loss to huge gains. Just saying the sound is nice, but the power is sometimes decreased because it runs lean. They are all different tho.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I left my hmf optimizer on the same settings..hopefully should be fine...never seen a thread on this one...just where you cut out a lityle piece inside the tailpipe

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Renelender did it. He's been banned now I believe.

After he gutted his, I could see how to cut the muffler according to the flow directions.

Renelander ended up welding up his own headers and all kinds of cool stuff. I'm sad he's gone!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sounds awesome, might have to look of some old posts. i was in the same boat, opened it up and seen a path of least resistance. must say i reallyu like it, not really louder than the hmf just a different tone and idle is a bit louder

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Even my little mod sounded decent, just not super loud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts