Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrrpm's solid motor mounts and all my seals are on the way thank goodness!! I've been rideless for over a month.

Does anyone know or have a good write up for replacing/installing motor mounts?

Reactions: SnorkedNTorked1000

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hmm, i didnt realize motor mounts were an issue. Do the solid mounts keeps seals from leaking or keep things from flexing so much?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I constantly had my rear pinion seal going out, my pinion nut coming loose and then my drive shaft came apart. The shaft slipped out of the yoke... Then my front pinion seal and front output shaft seal went out when I limped it off the trailer to my garage in front wheel drive.

Stephen at mrrpm told me, along with reading multiple posts and threads, said it sounds like a motor mount issue. It's the only thing that made sense.

The solid motor mount will keep the drive system from flexing and save the drive line.
They're an issue that's been discussed a good amount from what I've researched.

Reactions: Slick1ton

·
Registered
503 Posts
Interesting, ill keep that in mind.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone? IF not I guess I'll just wing it.. That just usually turns into frustration

·
Registered
267 Posts
Go on google and search: 07 can am renegade 800 motor mount replacement. Don't look like a fun job lol good luck.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I have, haven't found anything.. Basically was looking for any tips from anyone who's done it before.. Like any minor/major details that would make the job easier

1 - 7 of 7 Posts