Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buying a 2015 xt this week, was told they have a new color, like a dull silver ?? was wondering if any of you guys have mounted a gps to your machines ?? i DO NOT want a lil hand held gps, and if it at all possible i would not want it mounted on my handlebars, on my polaris 850 there was a perfect mounting position , thanks for your ideas...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gps

looks great, i have a slightly larger unit, i have a gps i took off my boat, trying to think where i could mount it, i may have to go withh a smaller unit, thanks for the help

·
Registered
13 Posts
With a Cell Phone Mount

I used a Cellet phone holder.

Cellet Products - Cellet Products - Noble Case

I've attached an image of the way I mounted it. I took the picture from an angle, so even though it looks like it blocks the instrument cluster, it does not from normal seating position.

I downloaded BackCountry Navigator for Android. It has offline maps so even without a cell connection you can still see maps. It has a lot of different map options Topo, street, ATV trail markings etc. Very flexible waypoints and many other features.

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
I had a magellan meridian mounted on mine. I made up a special plate that bolted onto the handlebar mounts and came out through a small slit in the handle bar cover. Viewing was excellent. I used a Ram mount and it never moved anywhere.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gps mount

thanks to all that replied, i was trying not to use a handlebar mount, i was thinking it would vibrate too much?? i only use machine gor ice fishing, on my polaris i mounted the garmin off my boat, its like 7 inches, i mounted that directly to the machine , the handlebars are different on the outlander, i dont think it will fit there ???? i wanted a larger unit, not a handheld gps, thanks everyone, great to switch over to can am, hope i like it as much as my polaris 850 ho xps......thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts