Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, can anybody tell me the secret on how to get to the last grease fitting on the drive shaft on a 2021 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP. I rotate the drive shaft till the fitting is just about 5 o’clock so I can get the grease gun in there, and it’s just about impossible to make a connection. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
153 Posts
I raise the back end until the wheels just turn, you can access the upper fitting on the right hand side up near the fitting, there is an access port you can slide the grease connector into from the right of the fitting. I use Lock N Lube grease connectors so they lock on at angles, it helps with hard to reach grease fittings, but you don't need it to get the job done.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You get one from the left side and one from the right side. Can't remember which is which.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Put a extension pipe on your grease whip... makes getting those hard ones much easier

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lock N Lube is the way to go. Get the extended reach model. It'll change your life. :D

LockNLube XL

Amazon surely sells them, but check out your local parts store. I see the Lock N Lube display almost everywhere I go now.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I just did the rear 6 and bottom 2 (driveshaft) greasers today.
I have the 650 XT so ymmv.
Jacked up the rear end so wheels off the ground. Blocked it up "in the air" under the receiver and removed the LR wheel. Took the jack out for some room.
Put it in N 2wd so the back wheels/axles turned freely.
I found that by sticking my head in there .. the LR wheel well and holding a bright light, I could see the REAR U- joint grease nipple once I turned the wheels by hand til it was facing LEFT. Greased it there then crawled underneath, centerline and by turning wheels again, got the front driveline nipple to point straight down and hit I with the "gun" . I do have a 12 flex extension on it.
Dirty chitty job but got er done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts