Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of grease should i use for the fittings and a-arms? Any specific grease gun to use? Do they all work on the fittings?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can i just be some marine grease or does it have to be something specific? Will all purpose grease work?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help! And will any grease gun work, like the $15 one they have at walmart?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yep, just make sure it has a long enough hose. The zerks on the front a arms can be a little hard to get to, need at least 8" or so of hose.

·
Registered
635 Posts
With a needle attachment on the grease gun I've read you can also sometimes get under the rubber shield on ballpoints/tierod ends and grease those as well.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Thanks for the help! And will any grease gun work, like the $15 one they have at walmart?
Itsme gave perfect advice , any grease is better than nothing but for best protection use a synthetic waterproof type . as for your gun , get one with a 12" rubber hose & grind the tip down like this . It will make getting the universals easier .

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'd say that it's much more important to use ANYTHING regularly than to use the best grease not often enough.

That being said, I use a good quality synthetic grease quite regularly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts