Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the belt is riding on the outside of the primary and the secondary will no disengage and thus it grind going into gear... I replaced thr primary spring and the slider shoes and served the one way clutch... it got worse! Any advice would be much appreciated
In reverse the belt rides true but as alone as I roll it forward the clutch tweaks it against the primary
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Tread

·
Nobody Special
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
1,136 Posts
Got the one way bearing in backwards?

Ps. Looks like quite the party in those two thumbnails on the right... :whistle:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha opps good eye

But yes the one way clutch is in correctly the side with the lip fits towards I'm the side it fits in the recess in the inner primary should the one way clutch be kicking the belt outward?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,358 Posts
Is the bike idling too high?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the bike idling too high?
Negative about 1300 to 1450... the only thing I can think if those one way bearing are so worn out they are causing to much drag and forcing the clutch over? I can't think what else ut could be the only other thing is it's a new belt... could the belt be too short?

·
Registered
73 Posts
With the engine off, can you turn one of the clutches without the other moving? If the belt is correct it shouldn't touch the primary unless above an idle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts