Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can see where the color is different and at that spot there is a groove. Its as wide as the belt is thick. Normal? Not normal? Maybe part of why the pita to shift? I smoked the stock belt a while back and now have the gates carbon. Been running it for the last 800 miles or so. Is the carbon belt harder than the stock one?

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Im not sure bout the groove but u said its a pain to shift.... What exactly is it doing, mine is a pita when im completly stoped i feel like i have to force the shifter and sometimes when i go to low from park or reverse itll show high on the display when the stick is in low......

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have to do the "hump" most of the time to get any gear. That's why I'm replacing the one way bearings. I tried the moly in the gearcase. Didn't fix it. Linkage is good. So this is my next try.. Seems like it was under greased from the factory. I do ride it real dusty conditions sometimes so that doesn't help. Hoping the new bearings n a bit more grease makes it shift better.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had a post on here last year with the same issue. In fact the sheave looks almost exactly the same. No one could tell me the reason. I bought a new outer sheave and after the last clutch cleaning and one way mods I see it's not happened since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts