Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
So $240 plus shipping? HIDs are half that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So $240 plus shipping? HIDs are half that.
Yes jfree you are right.....Kinda! the price would be $240 CAD ;) A good HID kit from Eagle Eyes for example will cost you double of what I'm offering. A kit from DDM or Ebay...Yes but here's the rundown.
An HID kit puts off a lot of heat in those small housings. HID kits are rarely certified waterproof. My LED kits are certified IP68 and can be submerged in over 1 meter of water for a length of time. I wouldn't try that with an HID kit.:0headscratch: The LED puts out just as much lumen, draws less power and is a WAY cleaner install. No ballasts or rats nest of wiring you need to tie up and try to hide.
2S LED.PNG
I have done HID installs on a Rhino and a Teryx and IMO, LED is a way nicer light, install and better product!
It's all in want you want out of your lighting system! Some people want waterproof and reliability. Others want Cheap bright light. You get what you pay for! Hope this explains things for ya!
Cheers:th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have ddm on my grizzly lifetime warranty had one ballast go bad in 2 years other than the wiring there ok. I want led plug and play but $240 is high for four wheeler lights at least for me but seams like a nice setup if u have the money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey chuckles. The term plug and play refers to plug in the lights and go! No messing around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry been trying to figure out what the customer is looking for. He doesn't ride at night at all. Figured out he wanted something called halo lights. in either red or yellow. Those do look like they would be a nice upgrade while using the stock housing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Chuckles,

I put a set of side firing leds on my atv! Like these.
.http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=310596421579
Easy and cheap mod. 3m tape on the back and fit nice between the housing and plastic surround! I believe they are even cut to length!

Another option is to bake the housing and do a complete retro fit with a set of led halos!

Many colors to choose from!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am running the yellow halo setup from tricled.com. Really quality product and simple install.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts