Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2021Defender HD10 XT / 2018 OutlanderMax 800 / 2005 Bombardier 400
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Falcon Ridge Soft Upper Half Doors on the factory Defender half doors? If so, are they any good? Do they leak? Are they made with a sense of quality?
Bumper Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Event
Automotive mirror Automotive side-view mirror Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Are there any other upper half doors that work with the factory half doors? I love the Factory half doors in the summer but need something for plowing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes to the price BUT if they are of a good quality AND fit I'd say they're worth it. I don't want full doors for most of my driving is in non-winter conditions. It would be certainly nice if CanAm would sell matching uppers for winter use. I just cannot find any reviews on these - good or bad? Questions I have: How do they work with mirrors or a full glass windshield? Is it easy to open and close the doors? Are they easy to remove for trailering? Do they leak for rain? Do the windows roll up nicely when down?

Registered
Yes to the price BUT if they are of a good quality AND fit I'd say they're worth it. I don't want full doors for most of my driving is in non-winter conditions. It would be certainly nice if CanAm would sell matching uppers for winter use. I just cannot find any reviews on these - good or bad? Questions I have: How do they work with mirrors or a full glass windshield? Is it easy to open and close the doors? Are they easy to remove for trailering? Do they leak for rain? Do the windows roll up nicely when down?
There is a video at the bottom of that link that shows it being installed, says window and mirror does not get in way, looks pretty good but almost as much as the doors, it does have a steel frame also, check the video out

Registered
2017 Defender HD8
This is on my wish list also. I prefer the ones P.T. has linked rather than the Falcon Ridge ones listed by the OP. Those require velcro to be installed on the roof and door permanently鈥oo tacky. The price on the others is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with your assessment AZ8 and thanks PT for the link. I didn't even know the OffRoad Armor ones existed. The ORA seem better especially with the hookup around the door which wouldn't seem to interfer with the mirrors. However, ORA seems to be very proud of their doors given that they are twice the price of Falcon Ridge.

Falcon Ridge Soft Upper Half Doors - Can Am Defender (16-21) | eBay
$314.99 Regular price for 2 door models on ebay.

Registered
Agree with them being proud馃憤, that's why I don't own none, if you try the falcon ridge give us a heads up, it looks like your window has to be unzipped to open door is the only thing I see I don't like

Registered
Tagged for future use. At least there are options now for those with the oem half doors. I was debating on full soft doors in place of the half doors for my Max during winter hunts. But nice to know there are uppers available for the half doors now.

What is the price for the Offroad Armor uppers (for Max)? I saw a price of $600, but couldn't tell if that was for the 2 door or 4 door Max version. I didn't see it specified.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts