Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often ride in a very dusty environment so I have never added a windshield to my side-by-sides. How effective is the half windshield? How much dust does it draw into the cab? And, has anyone added a back windshield to mitigate the dust vacuum problem?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I run a half windshield with no back windshield and it does draw in the dust. It’s not overwhelming, but you do notice dust coming in. The wind coming up and over and passing through the cab does help. I think I’m going to add a back windshield in the Spring and see how that works. Might make it worse?

I ride in Arizona, so dust is a given. With that said, there’s nothing that will stop the dust completely. Just the nature of UTVs. Heck, I even get dust in my fully enclosed Silverado pickup! :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed. I'm used to riding in a dusty environment. My ranch has a lot of fine, powdery dust. I would love to have a windshield if I could keep the dust from billowing into the cab area like I've experienced in the past with a full front but no back windshield. My Ranger and Defender have no windshield and manage the dust very well. But, of course it can get a little cold during the winter. I was hoping someone would say that a half front, along with a back windshield magically keep dust from swirling in the cab.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the full windshield and it does draw the dust thru the open back. I would like to see if a back window would reduce it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ride in very heavy dust, powder. I have a back window and half front, this is a great combo to reduce dust. The Back window was a big improvement. This year I Installed half doors and hardly get any dust anymore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tunneldanny, would you say the dust is worse with the half-front and back windshield than without either? About the same?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you want to reduce dust than add a rear windshield. A half windshield without a rear windshield will make no difference in dust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts