Can-Am ATV Forum banner

Headed out in the Morning

2044 Views 11 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  lugnut1009
Were are going to see how far up the Little Gerstle River we can go....anyone want to go meet us at 63 47' 11" N 144 47' 25" W

Attachments

Were are going to see how far up the Little Gerstle River we can go....anyone want to go meet us at 63 47' 11" N 144 47' 25" W
See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
Trail runner, where are you at in Ak? I'm in Anchorage.

· Registered
268 Posts
Oh damn, that's a hell of a trek for me.....bout 6 hrs. Post pics and stay safe. If its as warm there as its been here the trails have so wet and icy it's dangerous. We had wheelers sliding down hills out of control the other day.

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ride got canceled...one guy is sick, and another couple had just picked up two brand new Griz 700's, this would have been their maiden voyage...as he was loading his wife's bike, they forgot the ramp straps, they slipped off as it got to the trailer and bike dropped and peeled the plastic off the front bumper...so she got pissed which means he is grounded....LOL....I'll take my dog over a wife any day.....

Lugnut...I run that trail a lot...I'll round up some summer pics in a bit...

Woods...we saw 36 for a couple hours, but it cooled back off, so snow is still dry...looking at the weather we could see hi 30's to mid 40's next week...if it does a ride will have to be done...Heck Lugnut could be here by then...

· Registered
936 Posts
Looks like a fun trail! Haven't ridden that one yet. I'll be back on my feet this spring ( been laid up all winter :th_smiliepissed: ) and we'll have to get together for a ride. I love riding Alaskan trails! :yahoo:

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is a awesome ride...in the google pic you can see the blow out moraine that created this huge silt flat and altered the flow of that drainage...it turns into a mud hole the size of Jersey...LOL....Lugnut....we had a cam on a stump...I'm the one on viewers right with the gun...that is about center of the silt flat...the beaver damn runs 5 miles across the lower end...

more pics...
That is what a griz will do to a steel drum...bait barrel

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.