Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My objective is to reduce the current draw of the stock headlight bulb from the 35W level to something like 10W.
I am aware of the option of adding LED halos or light bars but it seems so much simpler to just switch out the main bulbs.
In the winter when riding 2 up and both of us using our heated visors, jackets, etc. at night, it would be easier on the alternator to have bulbs that consume less current.
I am also aware that the Outlander alternator can probably handle all that load but my objective for now is to solicit anyone here who has already gone the route of LED headlight conversion. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I did the same Orion. Neutrinos are worth every cent. Bright AF!. Second season riding some tough terrain, no problems. Always on halo is great for riding roads at night not to blind oncomming vehicles, but still be visible. I tried the led inserts, but got fogging on the lenses. The neutrinos are all you need for front lighting as well. I had a light bar originally, which i do not need, unless showing off. Rjcw is a great company to deal with, responsive, and helpful.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
155 Posts
Agree with you 100%. I’m not one to spend out unnecessarily, (cheap is my second favourite price! ;) ), but definitely worth the money.

Only thing extra I’ve done is to wire the integral Neutrino halos through their own illuminated switch so I can opt to have them on or off:

·
Registered
150 Posts
That looks like OEM! Nice work Orion. Im not posting a pic of MY switch, which is jenky, at best, but accessible without letting go, and looking. So many great ideas, pics here.

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
155 Posts
A 19mm illuminated on/off/on switch from the eBay vendor of your choice is a perfect match for Can Am O/E - probably from the same manufacturer they buy from. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did the same Orion. Neutrinos are worth every cent. Bright AF!. Second season riding some tough terrain, no problems. Always on halo is great for riding roads at night not to blind oncomming vehicles, but still be visible. I tried the led inserts, but got fogging on the lenses. The neutrinos are all you need for front lighting as well. I had a light bar originally, which i do not need, unless showing off. Rjcw is a great company to deal with, responsive, and helpful.

great information
Can you please post a link so I can source these lights from Australia?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was on rjwc's website, i cannot find those headlights as a complete set. They might have been a victim of the plandemic. I cant say enough of the quality of the product, and awsome customer service. Cheers!

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
155 Posts
I think RJWC have updated their website as the Neutrinos are now showing again. They also list a new version ‘Neutrino 2’ which is E marked for road use and has detachable multi coloured halo options.

You can view all the RJWC lighting options HERE.

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
155 Posts
BTW: For 5th May only RJWC have a 25% off sale on accessories - plus another 15% off total order value if you sign up to their newsletter and enter the code they email you.

Now might be a good time to order that exhaust system or the lights you’ve been thinking about! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts