Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there looking some other views/opinions... have a 2014 renegade 1000 bike was in -40+ for a couple days in the truck I noticed I had antifreeze everywhere got it home and coolant reservoir was empty and anyifreeze had blown all over the bike couldn’t tell where it was coming from so cleaned her up and put some more coolant in the reservoir now it hasn’t leaked at all have ran it for abit fan kicked on so it had to have circulated... any thoughts would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Is your wheeler inside a heated garage now? Have you checked your oil? Obviously something leaked it out, and it's doubtful that it healed itself. So chances are it's going to rear it's ugly head again. With it warm, do a pressure test of the system to see if you have any leakage. Common causes of antifreeze leaks include Blown Head Gasket, hole in radiator, hole or loose connector on hoses, expansion tank might have crack in it or the cap can leak. Personally I won't want to ride that machine until I knew for sure what caused the antifreeze to leak out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh it’s in a heated garage now and haven’t ran it at all. figured it didn’t fix itself not my head gasket guess I will pressure test

1 - 3 of 3 Posts