Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooo my kid put the water hose in my muffler. And filled her up. Now water in oil. What do I need to check besides the obvious water I have in my oil now. Bike turned over and idled fine after it pushed about a glass of water out of exhaust. Looks like I'm doing plenty of oil changes tomorrow after work. Anywhere else I need to check.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no tips or pointers i dont want to mess anything up. any tricks you guys know to help get all the water out. hopefully the valves or rods arent messed up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just change it until it's not milky anymore. At least it's clean water and not muddy swamp water so you should be ok. Can put a little seafoam in the oil to help get the water out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I flushed it with some diesel and cleaned with some WD-40. Then did two oil changes with Marvel Mystery Oil and El cheapo 5w-40 mixed 50/50. Going to pick up some new filters to see if that gets the rest of the water out. There was just a slight haze to the oil,im gonna do 1 more change with the 50/50 mix and then try one with 100% el cheapofore putting the T6 in her. At least this has me getting to learn lot about my bike while i have the side panel taken off.

·
Registered
185 Posts
So I flushed it with some diesel and cleaned with some WD-40. Then did two oil changes with Marvel Mystery Oil and El cheapo 5w-40 mixed 50/50. Going to pick up some new filters to see if that gets the rest of the water out. There was just a slight haze to the oil,im gonna do 1 more change with the 50/50 mix and then try one with 100% el cheapofore putting the T6 in her. At least this has me getting to learn lot about my bike while i have the side panel taken off.
Yea I sunk my 650 with just 18 hours on it in a swamp. Screwed up everything I now have a built 840 engine so I kinda won. Lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
Reminds me the time my 8 year old son tried to help clean Dads new bike, he used hand cleaner with sand in it. He was so proud of the job he did, what could I say.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You have to love you kids. I was a bad boy when I was little. Reminds me of something I would have done. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i guess it was a lil payback from all the things i did. The bike should be fine it took a total of 4 changes with the MMO/OIL and Diesel/Oil. It still has the cheap 10-40 in her but i will change that when i get around to it.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
It sucks now ,but when you get older you will look back on this and laugh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts