Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 650 outlander. It is slow revving with slow throttle response in idle and when in gear in has a slow reaction time and take off till it hits higher rpms. Does anybody now what could be causing this could it be anything to do the the cvt. Or could the fuel tunner be messing up?

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Belt could be slipping.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a brand new oem belt. I changed the belt cause I noticed the loss of exceloration. And it's doing it in park as well. When u hit the gas in park it's like it takes twice as long to rev up. Theirs no crisp pop when u smash the throttle

·
Registered
159 Posts
Check your plugs, sounds like your running on one cylinder till she revs up. Check your spark and look at the plugs. Thats where I would start then maybe plugged injector or fuel filter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thankyou I will check all of that. I bought the fourwheeler used with 91 hours on it. It has looney tuned exhaust with looney fuel tuner. 31" backs and I believe it has a clutch kit. All the weights are 34g I think stock are 32g and the primary has a white spring and the secondary has a red spring. If I'm wrong or if any of these things could be the issue please let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I did a couple things. It seems to be fine now. I downloaded the set up for the looney tunes fuel tuner and reset it. I replaced the breather lines for the gas tank and trans, and did away with the one way valves on them. Cleaned and polished my clutches. And went with retella 5w40 oil. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts