Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know this is a old thread but, I just bought this box and am having problems also. I used their marks to Drill and mount the aluminum latch. So the latch seems like it needs to sit further back because I am about an inch away from being able to engage the linq mounts in the front of the box. But I can’t drill any further back , the hole closest to the back is already on the edge of the box. Short of me starting to fab something up can anyone offer me some help?
It takes some playing around with the box to get it to slide in properly - at first glance it DOES seem like it's too far away, but with a bit of downward pressure while pushing box forward it should slide into place and allow the linq mounts to line up.

·
Registered
2020 outlander max xt 1000
94 Posts
I chose to go the homemade route and put a rubber grommet that I cut to linq shape and heated a threaded insert to press in. Used a threaded knobb to fasten to the rack so it’s “tool less”

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 outlander max xt 1000
94 Posts
I don’t know about the OP but I had something similar and I can get you a picture when I get out of work later. All my parts were from my local hardware

21 - 25 of 25 Posts