Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*I moved this here since I posted it incorrectly elsewhere. *

Hey guys, I'm new here and just picked up a new to me 2012 Outlander 1000 XT. While I have tons of questions, I have one big one. Anyone here know of a seller called wowchad on Ebay? I ordered a primary clutch a couple weeks ago I never received to the tune of $600. I got tracking information from a delivery service I'm not familiar with that said it was delivered but I've not seen it. It's just as possible it was stolen that the seller was shady and I don't know anything about him. He just happens to be away from Ebay in Puerto Rico after my sale but has responded to my messages. It doesn't seem like he scammed me but it's hard to say. Everyone I know insists he must have and it does seem unlikely a seller would risk a $600 package to save a couple bucks on signature confirmation. Any knowledge or advice out there?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I would report it to eBay, PayPal or credit card company and get my money back...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ive actually bought stuff though him and he is great to deal with. He legit, so if you are having issues im sure he'll make it right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive actually bought stuff though him and he is great to deal with. He legit, so if you are having issues im sure he'll make it right.
Thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear. I think people often jump to conclusions in the heat of the moment when it's uncalled for. Not really sure where to go from here though...

·
Registered
630 Posts
So he is currently in puerto Rico? If so as soon as he gets back im sure he'll get back to you. Who was the delivery service he sent it with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's currently there but did answer my messages. Here basically told me to talk to Speedee Delivery who he used for delivery. They insist they delivered it. I just can't say who or what happened here. Except I still need a clutch and am in a pickle about how to proceed here... He's communicating, he just hasn't offered a solution. I'm mostly concerned he didn't find it sensible to rewrite a signature on a $600 package. I love on literally Main street where the packages could have been easily taken. I can't believe anyone who sells and ships things regularly would think not paying a couple bucks and requiring a signature is a good idea with a high value package....

·
Registered
630 Posts
Well honestly what really can he do? Iv used speedee many times and they are usually really good. But they are a small company. It sounds like it was lost or stolen. I would head to the nearest speedee hub and have a conversation with them. Or unfortunately get the police involved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After talking to Speedee it's pretty clear I'll have to wait on him. They insist packages are scanned delivered only upon the actual delivery from the driver. So someone walked off with this. I'm disappointed he would send it without requiring a signature. Package theft isn't uncommon and that $2 signature could've saved us both a lot of time, money and headache. I have a home based business and receive packages daily. I've never had valuable packages left unattended. The driver isn't responsible for insuring the package. They have shown absolutely no intent to deal with it, nor should they. I guess I'll wait until he returns and see how it's handled. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Man that suks!
Srry to hear about this.
Hate to say it but even with sig some scumbag could luck out and be nearby when you're not home and they attempt delivery and sign for it.

I dont know about speedee but fed ex and ups dont check i.d. anyone could sign for it....

My son had rims delivered to his work and they delivered to another shop in the complex he works in and the guys there signed for and took delivery, he had to track them down.

I hate thieves!!!!
Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update! I can't say one way or another how or why, but despite the tracking information my clutch showed about a month late. The box was battered and the contents damaged. Before it finally arrived I opened an Ebay case. eBay denied my case because he furnished tracking. I had to open a case thru PayPal they said. I did so. My police report and his communication with me gave me hope I didn't end up needing when the package finally showed. ebay reopened my case, approved a return here fought and included a label that required him to sign for it as he should've done with me upon purchase. I returned it via Ebay where he then refused my refund and stalled, claiming the clutch was used. Unless the delivery guy used it, I got it how they sent it. Then eBay closed my return case because the case THEY insisted I open with PayPal was still pending. Just a matter of procedure they said. 2 weeks later I'm still waiting on PayPal to issue me a refund for a package he not only signed for, took pictures of the contents and acknowledged he received, but he's for some reason fighting. Long story short, he likely scammed me from the beginning in my opinion, but at the least is dishonest and sketchy. He now has my money and the item and I'm having to fight to have my refund. Be warned dealing with him. I can't stress it more vehemently. I've spent 2 weeks spreading the word of my experience. eBay isn't as safe as it used to be. Had he shipped me an empty box I'd be out on my ass.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That is why I stopped using ebay. Both ebay and PayPal are usles when it comes to claims.. I purchased headsets to use in our helmets. They did not work anyware near what was advertised and the one in my 6 year olds helmet would squeal at random times when she was driving. In the end the seller kept my money and I tossed the headsets in the trash... have not used ebay in 3 years now...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
952 Posts
Been using eBay for 10 years now. Always good luck. Gotta do your home work.

Not really understanding how tracking numbers were furnished then confirmed delivered But somehow the package shows up a month later??

·
Registered
148 Posts

Not really understanding how tracking numbers were furnished then confirmed delivered But somehow the package shows up a month later??
I did do my homework for at least few months on both buyer and product... sometimes no matter how careful you are u get screwed. At least with amazon you pay a few $ more but you are protected. Any issue I have had has been cleared up in less than 48 hours... Ebay has went down hill since they combined with PayPal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

This was my biggest issue. The two most likely explanations are the delivery service lost it and delivered it later, or someone intercepted the package, took it and returned it later. The latter is highly unlikely unless the thief for some reason suspected they may be caught if they didn't return it. I doubt that. But speaking to some delivery services I was told it's common for a driver to scan several packages at a time and fail to deliver one.

In any event, the item made its way to me completely whole a month late. The seller got the product returned and still fights the refund instead of filing a claim against the company responsible for the loss? That seems an unlikely response for someone who didn't start the process off being shady. There's no reason to justify his attitude, behavior or unprofessionalism toward me considering I did 100% of my job in this transaction. I paid fully for it and fulfilled my end. He failed to deliver the product as advertised and his best move is to shift the blame onto me as though it would benefit me to go to all this trouble for weeks only to get nothing for all my time and at best only get the money I invested back? That's the most unreasonable stance and he took it from day one. I'm more impressed by his stubbornness to avoid any responsibility whatsoever by pointing the finger at everyone involved but himself. Including me who can only lose in this deal.

I simply cannot believe his conduct. For a guy who claims to be a "2,000,000 a year in sales company" he sure has spent a lot of time putting up a fight he's already lost. Maybe he randomly selects clients to harass to entertain himself. Maybe the circumstances are very different in his eyes than in mine and his stance could be justified to me. But I don't see it. I don't see the upside in being this way and acting in bad faith a majority of the time. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did do my homework for at least few months on both buyer and product... sometimes no matter how careful you are u get screwed. At least with amazon you pay a few $ more but you are protected. Any issue I have had has been cleared up in less than 48 hours... Ebay has went down hill since they combined with PayPal

Funny you should say that. I just discovered Ebay and PayPal parted ways in the last year or so. So my simple Ebay case ended up being handled by PayPal, but they both seem to avoid taking responsibility back and forth. It's just not as reputable as it once was. The companies don't adhere to any moral clause, just whatever brings in the most $$.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Funny you should say that. I just discovered Ebay and PayPal parted ways in the last year or so. So my simple Ebay case ended up being handled by PayPal, but they both seem to avoid taking responsibility back and forth. It's just not as reputable as it once was. The companies don't adhere to any moral clause, just whatever brings in the most $$.
yes i agree 100%

Just out of curiosity did you check the tracking number on the package that arrived a month late? Wonder if it was the same as what was supplied to you originally

·
Registered
497 Posts
Man thats sucks Im sorry you are going through this.
Im almost up to clutching so I understand how much it means to finally pull the trigger and then this..

I guess I got lucky, I sent a package to my son in utah usps and for weeks I watched it get so close only to bounce to wisconsin then so close and bounce to wyoming. We joked about the "utah triangle" because of his rim fiasco.

Finally I got fed up and opened a case and the postmaster at west jordan local post office called me personally and assured me he would be on the lookout and grab it next time it came through and make sure it got delivered, which he did.

Good luck hope something works out. Id be pissed too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes i agree 100%

Just out of curiosity did you check the tracking number on the package that arrived a month late? Wonder if it was the same as what was supplied to you originally
It was indeed the same tracking number. So someone other than the seller was responsible for the delay. That's why I was so surprised to have the seller try to put the ball in my court. It would have been so simple for him to Simply address the issue with the shipping company who was responsible for its late delivery and any possible damage. I have no idea what happened, nor do I expect I will ever find out. I am just simply amazed at how he handled it. I will definitely be leery about using speedy delivery in the future given that it's almost guaranteed the problem lies with them. I had considered that somebody local may have stolen the package and then returned it, but that seems so unlikely I feel silly even considering it LOL.

·
Registered
497 Posts
As the shipper, thats what I did.

Even though it was just a pair of gloves, it was a pair of sealskinz gauntlet winter gloves.
Not cheap.
I wasnt going to leave it up to my son to deal with it, I did.

I would think that is just common courtesy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update if you want to call it that. The seller still hasn't issued my refund. PayPal assured me I will get my refund by Monday regardless of whether or not he does the right thing. It only costs him a chargeback and the involved consequences in addition to the negative Ebay results for the delay. He could've simply refunded the payment and taken it up with Speedy Delivery. I'll never understand if it was ignorance or some level of dishonesty that guided his response. I'm still amazed by it. I'm new here and I hate my first contribution to be a negative one, but so be it. I wouldn't deal with this guy again if you paid me. I would've most definitely tried to keep the case in Ebay's system as they handle it much more quickly. That said, thanks for all the help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts