Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A lot of people have trouble with the procedure.
The owner manual says to hold the SET button and then toggle HI and LOW beam 3 times then release the SET button.
It's missing some important steps :

1 - Turn ignition ON but don't start the quad.
2 - You HAVE to be on the ODOMETER (total quad mileage) display.
3 - Put HIGH BEAMS ON. (You must start the procedure from HI BEAMS)
3 - Press and HOLD the SET button.
4 - Toggle HI - LOW three times WITHIN 2 SECONDS.
5 - Release SET button.
6 - Turn ignition OFF and wait until the dash goes dark.
7 - Turn ignition back ON, VOILA! MESSAGE GONE.

I think a lot of people can't get it working because step 2 and step 3 are NOT mentioned in the owner manual. It is however mentioned in the SHOP manual:

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
A lot of people have trouble with the procedure.
The owner manual says to hold the SET button and then toggle HI and LOW beam 3 times then release the SET button.
It's missing some important steps :..

What YEAR and Model are you running ? I dont think this procedure is specified for older
2013-201 G2s
2018 outlander max 850.
Some says the procedure 9nly works on newer quads that have the DESS KEY but I can't test it.

Registered
How would this work without a key to turn on? My 2018 xtp only shows a display if its running. Even waking up the computer by touching the start button leaves the display blank

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
It'S hard to know years/models etc that the procedure works on.
I just gave a more in depth one from the shop manual for people to try.
Mine did not work with the user manual one (missing steps)

Registered
Your instructions are clear and concise, you should send them to BRP. The info is there in the table and notes but the order you have created is not easily extracted from BRP's instructions. I wonder on which models this will work on, year wise. I have tried as have many others resetting my 2013 Outlander but the shop manual description involves the foot brake too. Never worked on the Outlanders but did work on the Commanders.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Your instructions are clear and concise, you should send them to BRP. The info is there in the table and notes but the order you have created is not easily extracted from BRP's instructions. I wonder on which models this will work on, year wise. I have tried as have many others resetting my 2013 Outlander but the shop manual description involves the foot brake too. Never worked on the Outlanders but did work on the Commanders.
篓retty sure the method involving the foot brake only works for the side by side vehicules.

Registered
Appreciate the instructions for clearing the "Maintenance Required" Message.
Tried this on my 2014 Outlander 650XT but was unsuccessful after several attemps in clearing the "Maintenance Required" Message.
any tricks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated otherwise it will be a trip to the Dealer one of these days.
ThanX for time and consideration. I've been trying for some time but haven't been able to to jump through the right hoop.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Appreciate the instructions for clearing the "Maintenance Required" Message.
Tried this on my 2014 Outlander 650XT but was unsuccessful after several attemps in clearing the "Maintenance Required" Message.
any tricks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated otherwise it will be a trip to the Dealer one of these days.
ThanX for time and consideration. I've been trying for some time but haven't been able to to jump through the right hoop.
Did you have it in Park? I know some can am must. I think I remember reading somewhere that before 2015 there is no procedure that works and it's a dealer only thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts