Can-Am ATV Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Had to get my wife to do it on my 18 xt-1000 max like a dummy I kept toggling the lights from high to off not high to low

·
Registered
7 Posts
A lot of people have trouble with the procedure.
The owner manual says to hold the SET button and then toggle HI and LOW beam 3 times then release the SET button.
It's missing some important steps :

1 - Turn ignition ON but don't start the quad.
2 - You HAVE to be on the ODOMETER (total quad mileage) display.
3 - Put HIGH BEAMS ON. (You must start the procedure from HI BEAMS)
3 - Press and HOLD the SET button.
4 - Toggle HI - LOW three times WITHIN 2 SECONDS.
5 - Release SET button.
6 - Turn ignition OFF and wait until the dash goes dark.
7 - Turn ignition back ON, VOILA! MESSAGE GONE.

I think a lot of people can't get it working because step 2 and step 3 are NOT mentioned in the owner manual. It is however mentioned in the SHOP manual:

I followed all these steps with no luck ... one change.. step 2 . I started on high beam like it says ..then rapidly went from high to off to high to off half a dozen or so times super fast !! then proceeded as stated and then it worked . strange I know but I saw an old youtube video showing a guy whaling on the light switch lol and it worked .. it works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I followed all these steps with no luck ... one change.. step 2 . I started on high beam like it says ..then rapidly went from high to off to high to off half a dozen or so times super fast !! then proceeded as stated and then it worked . strange I know but I saw an old youtube video showing a guy whaling on the light switch lol and it worked .. it works.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 2019 850 and this worked for me except that my machine needed to be in Park.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A lot of people have trouble with the procedure.
The owner manual says to hold the SET button and then toggle HI and LOW beam 3 times then release the SET button.
It's missing some important steps :

1 - Turn ignition ON but don't start the quad.
2 - You HAVE to be on the ODOMETER (total quad mileage) display.
3 - Put HIGH BEAMS ON. (You must start the procedure from HI BEAMS)
3 - Press and HOLD the SET button.
4 - Toggle HI - LOW three times WITHIN 2 SECONDS.
5 - Release SET button.
6 - Turn ignition OFF and wait until the dash goes dark.
7 - Turn ignition back ON, VOILA! MESSAGE GONE.

I think a lot of people can't get it working because step 2 and step 3 are NOT mentioned in the owner manual. It is however mentioned in the SHOP manual:

How do I reset it on a 2015 this is not working for me

21 - 35 of 35 Posts