Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all!
I’m looking to buy my first ATV and have found a 2007 800 Max XT I’m thinking about buying. I’m interested in any opinions you can provide.

The short story is I promised Mrs. Cheesehead1979 a jetski and I think that an atv or two would suit us better (assuming I can convince her of that)

Please and thank you

·
Registered
466 Posts
As far as size and model, I think you'll be happy with that. I have a 650 Max and it does all I need it to when we go "two up". FYI, that's on trails, not anything deep for mud.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 500 Max and love it. Where are you located in WI? I'm close to Black River Falls.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 500 Max and love it. Where are you located in WI? I'm close to Black River Falls.
located in Madison
i hear there's some great riding out by you!
There are some great trails around me. If you ever come down to Black River let me know. We are always looking for people to ride with.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I would start near Suring or Mountain. Chute Pond is between them and has a nice Motel. Trails go out the back door. Spur of the Moment Ranch is nice from what I hear. Ask Flashmann on here, he travels here and rides often. I live locally, so I never stay at any of the local lodging locations to know what ones are good or bad now.
Everything South of Suring is useless as far as trails, just railroad grade basically.

I would consider to drop your quads near Suring/Mountain and ride until you are sick of it. You should not need to carry fuel unless you pass fuel stations. I just fuel up whenever I'm near one and I've never came close to running out unless you play on the pipeline all day. It's all SAND, so bring gear for dust!

Reactions: shawleyj

·
Registered
145 Posts
Shawleyj, welcome. I have always stayed at the Spur of the Moment Ranch when ATVing in that area. The people who own it are really great. It's a good location to start too. From there trails go in all directions. Make sure to try the Pipeline, great play area for Atvs.

Todd- 2015 xmr 1000 manta camo

Reactions: shawleyj
1 - 11 of 11 Posts