Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was doing some spirited riding his past weekend and clipped a rock that was hiding in a puddle. It took a good chunk of my skid plate and bent the end tabs of the frame. They don't look like the support anything but are just a spot to bolt the skid plate on. What do you all think?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Black Wood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cant say for sure how bad it is without a thorough visual inspection and riding it to see if it feels different. Is that the factory skid plate? If so throw that milk carton away and get a reputable bash plate for hiccups like this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cant say for sure how bad it is without a thorough visual inspection and riding it to see if it feels different. Is that the factory skid plate? If so throw that milk carton away and get a reputable bash plate for hiccups like this.
Everything feels good. Thinking it was just those two tabs that bent a bit. Going to get some aftermarket plates and tear this the bike apart to make sure though

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,760 Posts
Skid plates should not be plastic.
Thank you! I've hit rocks in that area numerous times and them skid plates did their job let me tell you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts