Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home brewed fuel injector cleaner

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Jungleman 
#1 · (Edited)
Here I have my home baked DIY Can-Am fuel injector cleaning kit (y).
What you will need :

Bosch injector(s)
1 can of carb cleaner with red tube
Roll of electrical tape
2 lengths of wire
4 Alligator clips
1" of 5/16" fuel line .

Tightly wrap the electrical tape around one end of the red nozzle tube until an OD of roughly 0.282" or 7.16mm is attained .
This is for forward flushing the injectors . ( fits nicely inside the end with the blue O-ring )
For backflushing the injector , fit the 5/16 fuel line on the end with the green O-ring and the taped end of the red nozzle-tube into the other end of the fuel line ( makes a very good seal ) .
Now connect the battery ( this opens the injector) to the two terminals on the injector and blast away :).

Ideally , I want the wires to be a bit more supple than the old lamp cord I'm using and I'd like to find a piece of rubber with an ID small enough to accept the red nozzle tube and still fit nicely into the injector and the piece of fuel line .
I will complete those two revisions in the coming weeks but for now , IT WORKS PERFECT .
I actually cleaned these two above my kitchen sink with no leakage .

See less See more
#4 ·
Where were we,,,
Oh yeah, love homemade special tools!

Ive built a few myself through the years.
Something my pop taught me.
We have purchased many, and rented many but sometimes for the price and fun factor of building a tool thats going to come in handy time and time again, if I can build it I will.
Since the internet happened, if I can get a pic of the special tool and its concept I can usually copy it, if not then I'll buy it, gotta have it one way or the other.

Good to know the injectors can be cleaned for when I get a new one some day. Thanks

Reactions: Bonzo
#5 ·
Totally appreciate your ingenuity ! I do this differently, I clean mine on the bike with a pressurized can of cleaner, and a somewhat similar homemade way to connect the can to the fuel system. Then just disable the fuel pump, and fire it up. I runs almost a half hour on the can of cleaner. This way it not only cleans the injectors, but also the upper intake, combustion chambers and valves. I do this every 100 or so hours.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Dont know if you guys have tried this but I ran a bottle thru my tacoma just before smog test and wow!
Definately felt a difference!!!
Did it after a complete tune up and still could tell a difference with no change to idle and no smoke.
Im a believer.
More expensive than other fuel treatments but imo well worth it.

Plan on trying their 4stroke version in the near future.

Reactions: Bonzo
#8 ·
That stuff?^^

Ive ran other fuel treatments in my tacoma, usually about once a year before hunting season,,, and seafoam in my quads but never saw an increase in pep and smoother operation like that after trying the cataclean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.