Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slow at work today, so I thought I would try and make a Garmin Nuvi GPS holder for my Outlander. Ended up finding at Pelican case that is a perfect fit with a clear lid. Plus a old shop sign to supply the Aluminum plate and a couple of LinQ quick fasteners. Oh, and some foam I found in the bin. I spray coated the Aluminum with rubberized box liner and used a couple of cable holders to clean up the power wire.

Going riding tonight, I will see how it works out. From sitting on the quad, have great view of the GPS screen thru the lid. But wont know for sure until trail tested.:tools1:

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks great! I'm always trying to find a better way to mount my GPS. I didn't know you could get the individual LinQ fasteners. You've got me thinking now.... Hopefully I can make something half that nice!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Slow at work today, so I thought I would try and make a Garmin Nuvi GPS holder for my Outlander. Ended up finding at Pelican case that is a perfect fit with a clear lid. Plus a old shop sign to supply the Aluminum plate and a couple of LinQ quick fasteners. Oh, and some foam I found in the bin. I spray coated the Aluminum with rubberized box liner and used a couple of cable holders to clean up the power wire.

Going riding tonight, I will see how it works out. From sitting on the quad, have great view of the GPS screen thru the lid. But wont know for sure until trail tested.:tools1:
Great job

·
Registered
297 Posts
That looks good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts